What's new

First injury. Should pay more attention

This just wasn't my morning... I was up a little late last night, woke up late this morning... after my first pass on my right cheek I managed to knock over my Truefit and Hill pre-shave oil. My wife and kid were asleep, so I was a little concerned that I would've waked them. As I bent down to retrieve it, I hadn't set down my razor and my left ring finger caught the blade. I let out a yelp (a manly yelp, mind you) and immediately pinched my towel between the inside tip of my ring finger and my thumb. The blade didn't appear to have any blood on it, but it was a couple of minutes before I would take a look at my finger.

When I finally did look, I thought to my self, "Well, that wasn't --" Before I finished the thought, I started bleeding down my hand. I quickly grabbed a wad of TP and placed vigorous pressure. Crap. The pressure didn't seem to be cutting things off properly, and blood was was coming out regardless. My towel was similarly drenched. My wife happens to be a nurse, but damned if I was letting her know I did pretty much what she told me what I was going to do. I figured the worst case scenario, I'd lose my finger. I figured what might have happened is I was applying pressure to where I felt the cut, which may not have been accurate. And I was essentially doing it with just my left thumb pressed to the side of my finger. I made up for this by grabbing the whole tip of my finger with my right hand. Downside with this is I couldn't really tell if this was now actually stopping anything.

After another minute I took a look. What I was doing was helping. It was still bleeding, but at least I had slowed it down to the point I could see what I did. I felt both foolish and relieved. I don't know what I expected to see, but it ended up resembling a paper cut. I went back to putting pressure on it with just my left thumb, and proceeded to shave with my progress.

This isn't a great way to start a week. I didn't do a very close inspection of my blade... hopefully I didn't mess it up too much.

Too bad about the injury. My wife thinks I'm going to slit my throat. Hopefully she's not right, too!:w00t:

This just wasn't my morning... I was up a little late last night, woke up late this morning... after my first pass on my right cheek I managed to knock over my Truefit and Hill pre-shave oil. My wife and kid were asleep, so I was a little concerned that I would've waked them. As I bent down to retrieve it, I hadn't set down my razor and my left ring finger caught the blade. I let out a yelp (a manly yelp, mind you) and immediately pinched my towel between the inside tip of my ring finger and my thumb. The blade didn't appear to have any blood on it, but it was a couple of minutes before I would take a look at my finger.

When I finally did look, I thought to my self, "Well, that wasn't --" Before I finished the thought, I started bleeding down my hand. I quickly grabbed a wad of TP and placed vigorous pressure. Crap. The pressure didn't seem to be cutting things off properly, and blood was was coming out regardless. My towel was similarly drenched. My wife happens to be a nurse, but damned if I was letting her know I did pretty much what she told me what I was going to do. I figured the worst case scenario, I'd lose my finger. I figured what might have happened is I was applying pressure to where I felt the cut, which may not have been accurate. And I was essentially doing it with just my left thumb pressed to the side of my finger. I made up for this by grabbing the whole tip of my finger with my right hand. Downside with this is I couldn't really tell if this was now actually stopping anything.

After another minute I took a look. What I was doing was helping. It was still bleeding, but at least I had slowed it down to the point I could see what I did. I felt both foolish and relieved. I don't know what I expected to see, but it ended up resembling a paper cut. I went back to putting pressure on it with just my left thumb, and proceeded to shave with my progress.

This isn't a great way to start a week. I didn't do a very close inspection of my blade... hopefully I didn't mess it up too much.

Yes, well lets hope the blade is fine. :lol: I had to pick myself off the floor after reading that. If thats not the classsic mind set of B&Bers I dunno what is.

On another less concerning matter, I hope your finger is ok. :thumbup1:

Come on, a real B&Ber would have run for a camera to snap a picture to post :tongue_sm Just teasin' - sorry to hear about the injury - may it heal quickly and leave a manly scar :001_smile

Ouch ! You must fight the natural response to things such as spilling something when you have a very sharp blade in your hand.

Come on, a real B&Ber would have run for a camera to snap a picture to post :tongue_sm Just teasin' - sorry to hear about the injury - may it heal quickly and leave a manly scar :001_smile

pictures! pictures! pictures! :biggrin:

Like I said, ultimately the cut it self was pretty tame looking. It may not have even shown up on camera... unless I wanted to capture a pic of it bleeding. Not sure if that would've been in the best taste. The thought did cross my mind though.

On a side note, my wife called me at work asking *** happened to cause all the blood soaked tissues to be in the waste basket. Luckily she didn't see the towel :tongue_sm

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Like I said, ultimately the cut it self was pretty tame looking. It may not have even shown up on camera... unless I wanted to capture a pic of it bleeding. Not sure if that would've been in the best taste. The thought did cross my mind though.

On a side note, my wife called me at work asking *** happened to cause all the blood soaked tissues to be in the waste basket. Luckily she didn't see the towel :tongue_sm

:lol::lol::lol:

Top Bottom