What's new

Gave it a shot!

With nervous anticipation and a slightly shaky hand, I tried my first straight shave today! Using my brand spanking new Bismarck I managed a WTG down both cheeks with decent results and no bleeding! I then decided it was better to live to fight another day and finished off with my DE. All in all an exhilarating experience.

It really is not as easy at it looks as I have been practicing angle and blade position swiping a comb across my face. Really have to work on this to get more comfortable with both but I am eager to give it another go in the next couple of days or so. Thanks to all who have posted in this forum with encouragement and tips.

Quick follow up. Second go around easier than the first! Both cheeks, upper lip and neck, all WTG. Stopped with the chin when I opened up a little bleeder. I can definitely see where one must go slow and practice technique to get a good shave and avoid any nicks or cuts. Thanks for the support!

Congrats on your first shave.

Start each shave slow; Hold the blade with a light but firm grip.
At the start of the stroke, lay the blade flat or almost flat on the face (spine almost touching the face), and very little pressure against the face.
And almost as if you are letting the blade do the work, just a gentle nudge to start the cutting, then keep going to the end of the stroke and adjust the angle to the contours of your face. You may want to make a series of short strokes instead of one long.

In a few shaves you will have your face all mapped out and understand exactly how it works and what works for you.

Lastly, don't be afraid of the blade, it's only the sharpest man-made machine ever invented, that's about to hover about your jugular (gulp!).

Top Bottom