What's new

Red Oxx Luggage & Bags

This company strikes a chord with me because it's 100% American-made, and the bags look good as well as long-lasting. Is anyone on the forums familiar with their goods? Any owners? I'm considering some purchases.

Red Oxx consistently gets rave reviews from frequent travelers and light travelers. I am getting ready to purchase an Air Boss myself.

I would recommend their bags -- used them on a trip to Asia a few months ago and are extremely durable.

I also returned one of the camera bags because it was too small and had a good experience with their customer service. No problems exchanging.

I own the Air Boss, Gator, Garment Bag, Safari Beanos, Tri Fold Shave Kit and Lil' Roy bags. I can't even begin to say how pleased I am with their gear. You can stuff them like crazy with no fear of busting a seam or zipper the hardware and straps on their bags are insanely good.

You will not regret it, they are built like a tank and will last a very, very long time. Made by some great folks in Montana.

Last edited:
Just bought a Airboss for a carry-on only trip to Hawaii next month.

Great construction!

I have only used it once for a weekend trip and I was quite happy with it.

Cheers!

I'll add to this old thread, I use a red oxx railroad grip, and shave bag. Best grip I've owned to date, and will use nothing else. Has never let me down like other bags.

I'm a complete bag junkie and have tried all sorts just about all the mid-priced stuff. Among my gear, the Air Boss is one I keep going back to, it's built like a tank, not nearly as heavy as it looks, and seems to be engineered just right for my needs. I've also tried various Tom Bihn bags, lots of Eagle Creek stuff, and a Tuumi bag. For me, the Air Boss beats 'em all. One recommendation I have is to pick up a Tom Bihn "Absolute Shoulder Strap" and use it with whatever you end up with. It's soft on the shoulder and grippy so it wont slide off, also built like a tank.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
... consistently gets rave reviews ...

... extremely durable ...

... insanely good ...

... by far the best bag I have ...

... Great construction!

... Best grip I've owned to date, and will use nothing else. Has never let me down ...

... it's built like a tank ...

I hate to go against the flow here ...

... so I won't. Red Oxx Roxx!!

yep, I've got an Air Boss, and a shaving bag. love the Air Boss, but I think the shaving bag is over engineered, and bulkier than it needs to be. my LL Bean, Med hanging toiletries bag holds the same gear in a smaller, more user friendly package.

the Air Boss rocks.

I live in Billings and know these guys and can tell you that they are absolutely committed to a superior product and great customer service. A couple of years ago I was visiting at someone's lake house in Georgia. He admired my safari bag, declaring it the best carry-on he had seen (he's right). I called Jim at Red Oxx that morning and asked for one in red. He said that he didn't have any in stock, would make one up that day, and deliver it overnight. The next day it was on the front porch in Atlanta and went to Hungary that afternoon for the first of many trips. I have seen them give this kind of service every day, which is a mirror of the superb public service they provide to our community in Montana. Ethics and a good product are an increasingly rare combination.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I live in Billings and know these guys and can tell you that they are absolutely committed to a superior product and great customer service. A couple of years ago I was visiting at someone's lake house in Georgia. He admired my safari bag, declaring it the best carry-on he had seen (he's right). I called Jim at Red Oxx that morning and asked for one in red. He said that he didn't have any in stock, would make one up that day, and deliver it overnight. The next day it was on the front porch in Atlanta and went to Hungary that afternoon for the first of many trips. I have seen them give this kind of service every day, which is a mirror of the superb public service they provide to our community in Montana. Ethics and a good product are an increasingly rare combination.

dang. Now that's how it's done!

Agree with all the above comments. I just got back from a two week trip to Japan, AUS, and China taking nothing by my Air Boss and my Metro brief case. The Air Boss is a little deceptive. You can stuff the heck out of it, almost to the point where it is too uncomfortable to carry over the shoulder.

Top Bottom