What's new

Bunch of samples

So, being that I am not working at the moment, I got bored the other day and went to Macy's. I made my way to the fragrance counter, and asked the girl to load me up with all the samples she could. I ended up getting:
Aqua di Gio - meh
Givenchy Play - not bad, but sweet
Givenchy Play Intense - not bad, but even sweeter
Armani Code - fairly decent
Diesel Only the Brave - fairly decent scent
Azzaro Chrome Legend - seemed exactly like Azzaro Chrome. not sure why the "legend" title
Azzaro Pour Homme - my personal favorite of the bunch
D&G The One - nice, but VERY sweet
Marc Ecko - not a bad scent
perry Ellis platinum - Again, not a bad scent, but as has been typical, a little too sweet
Ed Hardy Hearts and Daggers - Same as above, nice but too sweet
Usher VIP - Reminded me of a more refined Ferenheit by Dior

Personally, I like the Azzaro Pour Homme the best. It is spicy, potent, and manly. There is no cloying sweetness to it. It is pretty in your face spicy.

What surprised me was the my wife melted at the smell of Usher VIP. At the time, I had a head cold and couldnt smell it. My sinuses cleared up today, so I sprayed a bit on my hand, and the first thing that came to mind was the cucumber smell of Ferenheit. It was not quite as funky as Ferenheit, but it had that note to it. I shudder at the thought of wearing a scent promoted by Usher, but if it envokes that kind of reaction in her, I may have to bite the bullet and do it.

funny i did the same thing today, went to each department store in the mall and checked out different stuff. i was quite surprised by the usher and ed hardy

I bought a bottle of Azzaro Pour Homme and at first was not that fussed on it. However it has grown on me and is now in my regular rotation.

Pete

I recently bought Azzaro Pour homme blind because of all the good words it gets in Luca Turin's book along with some comments on BN's.

Being a fan of rather masculine scents, I didn't like Aramis Havana very much, but i did really like the JHL from their gentleman's line.

also, i went into Macy's a week or two ago to ask for a Chanel Pour Monsieur sample. She started filling up the decant with Egoist when i mentioned i had meant the bottle below "Pour Monsieur" she apologized and asked "How about a mix of the two?"

Top Bottom