What's new

Dirty Bird Brush Scuttle?

I am about to order a 26mm Penwork's Finest. I am going with a large brush so I can do multiple passes on my head and face. What I am wondering is, can anyone tell me if a 26mm brush will fit in a Dirty Bird brush scuttle? I already have a regular size Dirty Bird, but was considering getting a DB brush scuttle as well.

When I ordered a moss brush scuttle, I measured my largest brush knot size and the moss was a little bigger so I felt ok about tryin it. I forgot to realize that a wet brush full of lather takes up way more space. I could never get that brush in the moss without the lather going everywhere. Plus there was the air in the bowl that provided resistance. Don't know if that story is helpful
in your case?

I am about to order a 26mm Penwork's Finest. I am going with a large brush so I can do multiple passes on my head and face. What I am wondering is, can anyone tell me if a 26mm brush will fit in a Dirty Bird brush scuttle? I already have a regular size Dirty Bird, but was considering getting a DB brush scuttle as well.

A brush that large won't likely fit. I had a brush scuttle, and my 23mm Shavemac was a tight fit.

-Andy

Yeah I think you would need at least the 2x scuttle if not a custom 2.5..wait do they do that I'm sure they would for the right $

FWIW, it sounds like he's talking about the Brush Scuttle, not a lathering scuttle (I see some replies that suggest they don't understand that).

Here's a pic of it- only designed to keep the brush/lather warm between passes. Not sure how large they are, you might contact Julie and ask here the question. At least I'm sure she can give you some dimensions. Maybe she can give you info on the Kent in this pic also for a size comparison.

I've got the bowl on the right and really like it, thinking about a regular scuttle from her now (but have a vintage C&E on the way to try out first).

proxy.php

I have the DB Brush Scuttle and it is great for the smaller brushes. I have a big Silvertip Muhle cream mop that does't work at all with it, but that OK becauce if it worked well with the big brushes it wouldn't be as good for the face lather brushes.

Thanks again for all the replies. I am sure that the original size shaving scuttle from Julie, which I already own will accommodate my new brush when it arrives. I have no problems when using my Omega 10098 with it. I think the 10098 has a 27mm knot and a loft of over 50mm. It will not be as snug as a smaller brush would be in DB bruch scuttle, but it should retain heat for the number of passes I need to do:001_smile Somewhere down the line, I will want to get a smaller brush and a DB brush scuttle for those rare times when I do face lather.

~Lee

The new brush works very well with my current scuttle. I can now see that there was no way this brush would make it into a DB brush scuttle. Thanks again to all who replied.

~Lee

Top Bottom