What's new

Creed Bois du Portugal - I like, she doesn't

Where did you get this information?

I disagree... I LOVE Bois du Portugal, and I HATE Obsession!

And since we're already talking about it...

I have one 5 ml spray decant and one 10 ml splash decant of Bois du Portugal available, if anyone is interested (PM me)

I have to agree - I don't really get CK Obsession. Same family, maybe. BdP is my favorite CREED so far (via sample). I also read that Parfums de Nicolai's NEW YORK is of the same vein but richer (not to mention much less expensive). Has any one tried NEW YORK?

BTW, nice offering!

PdN New York is very elegant. I bought a 30 ml bottle since there were comparisons to BdP, and BdP doesn't last on me.

I don't have a good enough nose to elaborate on the notes, but I had the same longevity problems I have with BdP.

It's known as one of the most radically changing men's frags. It's sort of three different scents through the day as it shifts from top to middle to base.

Overall it's masculine, refined, somewhat similar to BdP. More powdery and delicate- not as straight forward as BdP, but I could see the reasons for comparison. A bit like BdP meets Habit Rouge.
BdP is "Hey you!"- NY is "Pardon me..."

For what it's worth, a lot of the Basenoters laud to the max, and it seems to be one of frag reviewer Luca Turin's favorite male frags. It was created by the grandaughter of Pierre Guerlain.

Don't know if that helps. I'd suggest sampling it. It is much better priced than BdP and you might really like it. I'm not sorry I bought a 30ml. I would be ticked if I had bought 100ml.

NY
Top notes are bergamot, amalfi lemon and cloves;
middle notes are thyme, cinnamon, pepper and paprika;
base notes are oakmoss, vetiver and amber

BdP
sandalwood, lavender, vetiver and cedar.

Last edited:
StylinLA,

Thanks for the mini-review on New York. Sounds intriguing enough to sample (if I can find one). Too bad about its staying power - that's a frustration with many frags.

Lucky Scent carries it and has the 1ml sample for like $4

They also sell it in a 30ml (which I wish more fragrances would offer).
The 30ml is $45

I have to agree - I don't really get CK Obsession. Same family, maybe. BdP is my favorite CREED so far (via sample). I also read that Parfums de Nicolai's NEW YORK is of the same vein but richer (not to mention much less expensive). Has any one tried NEW YORK?

BTW, nice offering!

I have both Guerlain Heritage and New York and a small sample of BdP. I love New York, like Heritage very much and love BdP. They are similar but in no way dead ringers for each other. New York is a fantastic scent that really does go through several stages. I find that it has great staying power. In fact, I don't use a full spray on the chest and find that's enough for me for most of the day. Heritage is not as complex as New York and tends to stay a bit more "in the background." It's a very refined fragrance, especially compared to BdP. I would recommend New York without hesitation (so much so that I bought the large bottle, as it's hard to find).

Top Bottom