What's new

Creed Royal Delight - vanilla on steroids

I like vanilla. Actually - I LOVE vanilla, but Royal Delight has too much in it. I'm presently wearing a sample I recently picked up and am *drowning* in the vanilla this thing is casting off. And it doesn't seem to be dying down at all! Some of the posts on Basenotes indicate I could be smelling this all freaking day - yeesh.

I was really surprised because the Creed website makes no mention of vanilla, and I was interested in the citrus top note and leather basenote - but all I'm getting is a huge blast of vanilla:
===
Classification: Soft Oriental/rich

Characteristics: Floral, leathery, fruity and rich. It is a soft-oriental or chypre-floral (made by placing the floral notes at center stage and minimizing the animal notes derived from the leather). Although originally made for men, Royal Delight is also worn by women with an appreciation for warm, rich and complex florals.

* Top Notes: Tangerine, bergamot
* Middle Notes: Jasmine, violet
* Base Notes: Ambergris and leather
===

My wife wouldn't even look me in the eye when we got in the car this morning and tried to keep from coughing during the morning commute into work. Needless to say - not approved by either of us. :thumbdown

Really think you need to take a whiff of Guerlain Habit Rouge. Look at Basenotes' description, Mitch. Think it has what you are looking for, including vanilla; but to me the vanilla is not overwhelming. For something less expensive, check out C-M Tricorn. Although nothing lists it, I personally think it dries to vanilla, despite what C-M says. Good luck, John

Well, I'm still sitting in a cloud of vanilla almost 10 hours after initially having put the stuff on and it's *still* going strong.

Actually, John - I like vanilla in things I eat, not as a scent I wear. Vanilla to me (and my wife) is a feminine scent and not one I care to wear again. Any other scent suggestions?

Oh, thought you were looking for vanilla in the scent! Relative to the top, mid and basenotes you listed, nothing comes to my mind. Personally I like Obsession, but don't find any of the citrus there. Mitch, what you might do is head to The Perfumed Court and look up possibilities through their fragrances by note feature. Best of luck, John

Also just discovered that the "directory" in Basenotes can search on upper, mid and lower notes. Have never tried it, so don't know how it works.

My wife has asked me to try this one again, so sometime in the coming days I'll do so - but with a bit less applied. See if I like it any better.

Top Bottom