What's new

Uneven shave due to Razor?

Here's my dilemma. I currently shave with a Gillette SS. I have noticed that one side of the razor gives me a smoother shave than the other side. I have eyeballed the gap between cap and bar and see no appreciable difference. But the sound it makes when cutting my whiskers and my face tell me differently. Please help. Thanks

How does it look with the blade in. is it still even and does the blade protrude equally in both sides?
Is the blade locked to the razor, I've had a really bad shave and was halfway through before I discovered that the doors wasn't locked = loose TTO knob.

Shave one side of your face with one side, then the other side with the opposite.

I just fixed a slightly bent, and I mean sliiiiiight bend in one of my safety bars, I got a nick and felt like something weird was going on.

Held my razor up to another one, and sure enough there was just a hair of a slope difference.

Look again, real close...

In your case, I could be over-complicating things. :ohmy:

Good advice. I will have a second look. And also make sure the razor is tightened down all the way. Thanks for taking the time to assist.

Could be what they have said, above, but it also could be that you get the angle right on one side of your face but not quite right on the other. You'll need to experiment.

On the first day, use what you think is the good side of your razor on the right side of your face and the other side on the left. Then, the next day, switch to the opposite. If you get a worse shave on the left side of your face the first time but the right side the second time, there's probably a problem with your razor. If, on the other hand, you get a worse shave on the left side of your face both times, there's a problem with your technique.

Top Bottom