What's new

Who knew

Well a few days ago my electric razor officially died. No tears to shed really. I was never really satisfied with the quality of the shave, but it had a pretty high convenience factor!

I started reading online to try and determine what my next shaving experience should be. I had a old Mach 3 in the drawer which is getting me by for now.

I had no idea there was such an online presence for shaving! I should have known better of course, but there you go. My father used to use a shaving bush when I was a kid though I am not sure he ever used anything other than a cartridge razor. I was gratified to read that this method is still considered the best! It holds find memories for me.

I am also looking for the most environmentally friendly option. Disposable razors obviously are not an option for many reasons! I haven't seen any research referenced or anything, but a good quality DE razor and then standard blades certainly seem to be a green choice.

I am looking forward to reading through here more and learning before I order anything. I was also amazed to find fendrihan.com as I usually find it almost impossible to find a good, online, Canadian retailer!

This site looks like it shall be an excellent resource!

Hi, Dave and welcome to B&B.

Feel free to browse, ask questions, share your experience, etc.

If you haven't found mantic's videos on YouTube, settle in for some good viewing. He goes by Mantic59 over there.

Happy shaving!!

Welcome from the abysmal depths of razor burn ravine! You'll find us all to be pretty nice guys...unless you try to start a this soap/cream is better than that soap/cream thread. Just think of it like this:

A good shave using high quality tools is akin to attaining nirvana whilst walking through the Elysium fields of myth.

Welcome Dave_NF.

This place is awesome.. great people and excellent info.

I just place my first wet shaving supply order and it was with fendrihan.com. It was a pleasant experience and everything was packed just so. You will be happy dealing with them.

I am curious.. What is the NF for in your nickname.

Cheers
Pine.Clad.Hills

Hi, Dave and welcome to B&B.

Feel free to browse, ask questions, share your experience, etc.

If you haven't found mantic's videos on YouTube, settle in for some good viewing. He goes by Mantic59 over there.

Happy shaving!!

I had come across his videos earlier - always helpful to see instruction in action! Thanks for the pointer though all the same.

Welcome Dave_NF.

This place is awesome.. great people and excellent info.

I just place my first wet shaving supply order and it was with fendrihan.com. It was a pleasant experience and everything was packed just so. You will be happy dealing with them.

I am curious.. What is the NF for in your nickname.

Cheers
Pine.Clad.Hills

Great to hear .. that agrees with pretty much everything I have read so far. The NF is for Newfoundland and Labrador. I keep forgetting to go with NL which is actually the right version now!

Last edited:
Great to hear .. that agrees with pretty much everything I have read so far. The NF is for Newfoundland and Labrador. I keep forgetting to go with NL which is actually the right version now!

Figured that was the reason, had to ask to be sure. I still use NF as well.. NL when its mail, but i hold NF dear to my heart :)

My nickname is from the Ode to Newfoundland.

I am in the City, and it took 7 business days for my package to arrive from fendrihan. That is counting from the day the item was received at the post office and not the day the ticket was submitted. If they happen to be on the same day then no difference. Canada Post tracking is not good and don't expect to see any updates as it moved across Canada. Only get updates when the package is sent and when its out for delivery.. Nothing in between.. So the 7 bus days is what it took for me.

Welcome aboard to the new old way :)

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Welcome to B&B! You won't regret it!

I too figured the nf was for Newfoundland as soon as I saw it, and pine clad hills gave you away quite easily. There seems to be a rising number of newfs here lately.

I've ordered from Fendrihan before and found Alfred's service to be excellent and he's definitely my go to guy, but there are some things that he doesn't carry. There are three other Canadian online retailers for shaving:

http://www.rasagepoulin.com/ Based out of Calgary
http://www.momentumgrooming.com/ Based out of Vancouver
http://www.menessentials.com/ Based out of Quebec

Also Pine Clad Hills, surprising about you not getting updates from Canada Post, except for shipping and out for delivery. I watched my parcel from Fendrihan as it went from Mississauga to Dieppe to Town and then out for delivery.

Also Dave, if you're looking to get a bit of a head start I would recommend looking around your local Shopper's Drug Mart if you have one. They usually carry the Proraso line (Green tub, white tub, cream tube) which is excellent and Omega boar brushes. You can probably buy a tub and a brush for under $25, which will go well with getting you started along with your Mach3. Enjoy your shaves.

Top Bottom