What's new

Good cheap Rose soap/cream

I am looking to spend money and need the help of my fellow addicts. :lol:

Anyways, out of say, our local soap makers (the the Sues), who makes the...
OK, I will be careful since we love them so much.
Closest to true and somewhat strong, and great lathering, Rose soap or cream?

I know there is one that people love that is $50 a tub from a fellow shaver, but something that won't break the bank.

:biggrin:

proxy.php

GFT Rose shave soap has a really nice rose scent and it's an exceptional value. I think refill puck are around $20 and they last forever. One member used his puck every single day for over a year ... I think it was a year and a half, but whatever the case it was a long time.

Last edited:
GFT Rose shave soap has a really nice rose scent and it an exceptional value. I think refill puck are around $20 and they last forever. One member used his puck every single day for over a year ... I think it was a year and a half, but whatever the case it was a long time.

I really like GFT. +1

from Mama Bear - Roses, Chypre Rose

from St. Charles Shave - Savory Rose

from My Time Bath & Body - Rose

I have a puck of Krissy's (Prairie-Creations) Rose SS on the way... I'm betting it's great.

All of these are under $10, I believe.

Can't go wrong with any of 'em.

(I can recommend the higher price spread, too, if you want - but you said good & inexpensive, as I recall....)

I've personally not sampled many rose scented products, but I'm well satisfied with my Cyril R Salter Wild Rose shaving cream. It pairs very well with SCS Savory Rose ASM.

Has a price been quoted for this soap?

Not that I know of. We likely won't know until she sends out her newsletter on Oct 1.

Last edited:
To me, TOBS Rose is the best value, period.
Great cream, very nice scent, and a bargain for that price.
If you want a nice, close to true rose scent with no compromise on quality without breaking the bank, trust me; THIS IS IT!!:wink:

Now, if you're more of a soap guy and are willing to pay a tad more, I'd say go for a GFT rose puck. I've read or heard just great reviews about this one and must confess it is the next Rose on my wishlist...:redface:

Hope this helped,
C_J

from Mama Bear - Roses, Chypre Rose

from St. Charles Shave - Savory Rose

from My Time Bath & Body - Rose

I have a puck of Krissy's (Prairie-Creations) Rose SS on the way... I'm betting it's great.

All of these are under $10, I believe.

Can't go wrong with any of 'em.

(I can recommend the higher price spread, too, if you want - but you said good & inexpensive, as I recall....)

I received my Prairie-Creations soaps order yesterday - the Rose soap is great! The scent is lovely, pure rose (to my schnozzer it is authentic and as good as any of the rose soaps & creams I have - eleven now including Krissy's).

I shaved with the soap this morning - it is FINE. This formulation is better than the samples I tried (#15 and #17, if I remember correctly) - for six bucks (or whatever) plus shipping it is a bargain. It is right there with the other boutique Roses I've used and will recommend.

Great job, Kris!

Top Bottom