What's new

Nivea ASB - Extra Soothing vs Sensitive

Lately I have been running low on ASB so I decided it was time to replenish the stocks. Went out and purchased what I believed to be the same product, however I have now found that instead of Nivea Extra Soothing After Shave Balm, I have ended up with Sensitive Post Shave Balm. They were each packaged very similarly and bought from the same store.

Has this line been rebranded or have I bought a completely different product? (aside from the fact that the old one is in a pump-action bottle, which I remember as being a "limited edition special")

The new "Sensitive Post Shave Balm" seems thicker and takes a while longer to absorb into my skin, however that may be because I am using more due to the different bottle.

Please note these products were both purchased in Australia, but I assume they are available worldwide.

Cheers :thumbup1:

I have one of each. I havn't really checked in stores to see what they have now.

Sensitive, i've been buying for awhile now.

Extra Soothing, I found an old bottle, talking years old, of this stuff in the back of my bathroom cabinet. I noticed it has alcohol, and does not seem to feel as nice on my skin. But this does contain menthol, if I remember correctly.

I prefer the Sensitive, and for sure these are two different products. Was one replaced by the other? Are they sold side by side? I have no idea, but just wanted to add the differences i noticed.

Extra Soothing, I found an old bottle, talking years old, of this stuff in the back of my bathroom cabinet. I noticed it has alcohol, and does not seem to feel as nice on my skin. But this does contain menthol, if I remember correctly.

Interesting. The Extra Soothing of mine (pictured left) definitely contains no alcohol or menthol. To me these products seem basically the same, however the texture of the Sensitive seems slightly thicker and I do detect a faint scent whereas the Extra Soothing was unscented.

Interesting. The Extra Soothing of mine (pictured left) definitely contains no alcohol or menthol. To me these products seem basically the same, however the texture of the Sensitive seems slightly thicker and I do detect a faint scent whereas the Extra Soothing was unscented.

Mine came in a very square bottle. With a blue sticker on the front. But it is extra soothing. This is a very very old bottle, perhaps even 8 years old now that i think of it or more.

Maybe they changed the formula? Mine burns when you put it on with menthol and even smells like it has some alcohol. It is a whole lot more watery then the thick balm of the sensitive variety.

J

Jarmo P

My bottle is like the one in the left of OP's pic, except it says 'SENSITIVE BALM' instead of 'EXTRA SOOTHING BALM'. It is nonalcoholic :confused:

Well, on the backside are texts both in finnish and swedish since we have 2 official languages.

Mine has been opened more than 12 months ago, so is it already corrupted stuff?

Did not like it much and have used only AS splashes for many months since the last use of this cream.

I still see the original "Extra Soothing" around. If they messed with that formula in their "retooling" I'll be PO'd. Time to stock up. The "Extra Soothing" is my favorite ASB. The stuff just plain works.

The Nivea USA website is similarly confusing...When you click on the link for "Extra Soothing" it shows a picture of the "Sensitive"

They also have Replenishing, Cooling, and Extreme Comfort shown.

I'm even more confused now then when I started. I'll be disappointed if they've changed the Sensitive

J

Jarmo P

After checking the finnish Nivea site, I can conclude that the latest Sensitive cream milk ("aftershave balm") bottle is the one on the right of the OP's post.

Top Bottom