What's new

Mess Hall Acquisitions

something special showed up today
$IMG_20150613_152259.jpg

A couple new melamine BBQ trays from the kids for Father's Day. I'm addicted to these BBQ trays and they knew I needed one for Beef.

proxy.php

I bought some board butter for the cutting block, and some barkeepers friend polish for my CJA custom knife, as i want it looking clean for a while before patina takes it over

I bought some board butter for the cutting block, and some barkeepers friend polish for my CJA custom knife, as i want it looking clean for a while before patina takes it over

next time your out of board butter, you should try making your own, its pretty simple

i couldn't find mineral oil locally, and it was going to cost the same amount to ship it as a couple bottles of the stuff i bought with the wax already in... ill have to keep searching here to are where to get some

i couldn't find mineral oil locally, and it was going to cost the same amount to ship it as a couple bottles of the stuff i bought with the wax already in... ill have to keep searching here to are where to get some

ahh ok, that makes sense. i think i ordered mine on amazon when i got it.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Le Creuset 3 Ply Stainless Steel 3 piece sauce pan set with a steamer to fit the 20cm pot.
The whole pot is 3 ply. They have a bit of weight so the helper handle will be of good use on the larger pot when full.
I'm not sure it is needed on the smaller ones but it keeps the look the same which I do like.

"A core of aluminium is sandwiched between two layers of premium grade stainless steel cleverly combining the cooking benefits of both materials. The aluminium stretches from base to rim, meaning heat spreads evenly and gently throughout the entire pan – not just the base."

$20150707_161813.jpg

$20150707_161936.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom