What's new

My synthetic shaving brush is better than my animal hair brush. What's wrong with me?

I recently discovered that my Lomani Paris synthetic brush is no less than 4 times better than my boar brush! It lathers better and holds moisture better as well. :confused:

Am I in the twilight zone? :ohmy:

I recently discovered that my Lomani Paris synthetic brush is no less than 4 times better than my boar brush! It lathers better and holds moisture better as well. :confused:

Maybe, but if you like it better and it works better, who cares?

It wouldn't surprise me that a high-quality synth brush is better than a boar... I'm not a big fan of boar. Badger is where it's at. :)

I recently discovered that my Lomani Paris synthetic brush is no less than 4 times better than my boar brush!

I only use synthetics and a high quality synthetic will do what you ned it to.

Where did you get this Lomani brush from?

It wouldn't surprise me that a high-quality synth brush is better than a boar... I'm not a big fan of boar. Badger is where it's at. :)

+1. Always noticed that bristle was better than boar and that badger was better than bristle. Now this is based on cheap examples but I would imagine it's a fairly general rule.

No there is nothing wrong with you and you are probably not in the twilight zone. Best shaves come with the stuff you like, my suggestion is simple if you like it and the shaves are fine, use it!

That's not surprising in the least, especially if you were using a lower quality boar, if it hasn't had a chance to break in properly, or if your lather technique for the boar isn't up to snuff (it is significantly different than with a badger)

Maybe, but if you like it better and it works better, who cares?

+1

Boar brushes can be great. In fact, there are a lot of members who get markedly better results with their boar than with badger brushes. In fact, statements like that could start a flame war:tongue:

No there is nothing wrong with you and you are probably not in the twilight zone. Best shaves come with the stuff you like, my suggestion is simple if you like it and the shaves are fine, use it!

agreed

+1. Always noticed that bristle was better than boar and that badger was better than bristle. Now this is based on cheap examples but I would imagine it's a fairly general rule.

"bristle" = boar. They're the same thing. Bristle is a term used to mean boar. Some boar brushes are better than others, and most of the good ones use the word "bristle" or "setola" instead of the word "boar."

Top Bottom