What's new

Penhaligons samples

Mailed Penhaligons about some samples. Got a link.

15£ for 5 male and 5 female scents. Fair enough. But 20£ shipping on top of that to Sweden. You got to be kidding me!:mad:

Is this the only source or does other companies sell samples?

TPC has flat rates on CONUS shipments. I'm not sure what their policy for international orders is like.

Maybe found what I was looking for. Luckyscent seems to have a lot of samples 3-4$ each including most of the penhaligons I was looking for with 5$ international shipping (samples only).

I wonder about designating aftershaves and colognes as hazmat. I wrote to Floris asking for samples and was told they cannot ship out of the UK for that reason. Yet, Czech and Speake ships regularly, as do other companies in the EU. Could it be some simply do not say what they're sending?
When I mail stuff, the PO folks sometimes ask if the pkg contains anything fragile, liquid, or glass. I've told them I'm sending aftershave (easier than explaining its EdT, etc.) and that's the end of it. I did notice the customs declaration on the C&S pkg said "aromatics".

I wonder about designating aftershaves and colognes as hazmat. I wrote to Floris asking for samples and was told they cannot ship out of the UK for that reason. Yet, Czech and Speake ships regularly, as do other companies in the EU. Could it be some simply do not say what they're sending?
When I mail stuff, the PO folks sometimes ask if the pkg contains anything fragile, liquid, or glass. I've told them I'm sending aftershave (easier than explaining its EdT, etc.) and that's the end of it. I did notice the customs declaration on the C&S pkg said "aromatics".

At least here in Europe I don't think there is a problem. There are a couple of exceptions, for example Italy and Norway has restrictions. I order samples from Czech and Speake, where they gave away the samples but charge for postal coverage. To Sweden that was 2.5£ which I think would be quite accurate. So I don't think there is an extra cost because of the alcoholic content.

I have seen notes that some courier companies don't ship alcohol based contents in Europe (or asks for an extra fee), but they have all been US companies like UPS. I have not heard that UK royal mail has any problems with this.

Maybe found what I was looking for. Luckyscent seems to have a lot of samples 3-4$ each including most of the penhaligons I was looking for with 5$ international shipping (samples only).

Thx for the link :smile: Just ordered some samples myself. I'm curious whether I'll like them as much as my C&S samples.

I also asked for samples and also got the suggestion to buy the "scent library" - as if they have ten samples I would want. I guess they don't care that they just exponentially reduced the probability that I will actually buy a bottle of Penhaligon's cologne, as it's a hassle for me to try to get to Saks to test the stuff out.

I had the same experience. While I have no problem with paying for samples, their "scent library" doesn't cut it. It contains several feminine scents while omitting several male offerings. I don't understand their "one size fits all" logic. If they offered a package that contained all the men's scents, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom