What's new

Ok, Hello, new dude here, 18, still uses disposibles, got new stuff, wanna learn more

First, welcome from one New Yawker to another.

A few hairs is generally normal over the first few uses. Is it worse than that.

Use a decent size snurdle of Proraso in a bowl (maybe 3/4"). Hit it with a wet brush and you should work up gobs of thick lather. Feel free to practice - you don't have to shave to work on your lathering skills.

Feel free to keep asking questions.

Hey ...

Get yourseff a mug warmer (Black and Decker $10)
Its a great addition to your set-up.

Soak your brush and mug/cup/bowl in really hot tap water while you shower, empty the water from m/c/b and then put some cream in your hot m/c/b when you get out.
Lather up and put your hot m/c/b on the mug warmer.
Keeps the lather warm all thru the shave.

GarageBoy said:
OK, thanks guys!
I have a problem with my Proraso brush. It's shedding.. also, my lather isn't as thick and foamy as I would like, it's..thin (in depth) and thick (in viscosity)
GarageBoy,

While I don't have a boar brush, I would say that the shedding is normal and will sudside as you break it in. There should be a wealth of info on this site on the Proraso/Omega boar brush, just do a search.

Shake most of the water out and lay a small line of cream in a bowl. Swish the brush around a bit. Add a few drops of water and swish some more. Repeat until you have a lather of your liking.

If it's going to be a while before you can get a DE, PM me your address. I have a Gillette Tech DE in good usable shape I'll send to you. I'll even throw in a small blade sampler. I used the razor last night and it does a decent job. Not an HD or SS mind you, but it will help you get you get started.

Mike

Scotto said:
First, welcome from one New Yawker to another.

A few hairs is generally normal over the first few uses. Is it worse than that.

Use a decent size snurdle of Proraso in a bowl (maybe 3/4"). Hit it with a wet brush and you should work up gobs of thick lather. Feel free to practice - you don't have to shave to work on your lathering skills.

Feel free to keep asking questions.
a what?

LX_Emergency said:
You know...a snurdle...doesn't everyone know what a snurdle is? It's a term used to describe an almond sized dollop of cream...

Kind of funny the words that are used...like faceturbation...

btw...welcome Garageboy!

I'll be getting the DE razor soon, with some feather blades.
I also realized that some parts were more shaved than others (I tried to reduce my number of strokes per spot)

That sounds like you need to add water to the mix. Take a look at this post here .

Edit: I really need to look for multiple pages before answering posts.

Top Bottom