What's new

Soviet Slim Adjustable?

I just stumbled across an auction for what looks like to be a Soviet Copy of the Gillette Slim Adjustable razor. It looks like a poorly built copy, but it is hard to tell its a copy until you look at it closely. The numbers on the adjustment ring give it away. Use the following search terms:

Rare and expensive Soviet safety razor "Consul"

I just stumbled across an auction for what looks like to be a Soviet Copy of the Gillette Slim Adjustable razor. It looks like a poorly built copy, but it is hard to tell its a copy until you look at it closely. The numbers on the adjustment ring give it away. Use the following search terms:

Rare and expensive Soviet safety razor "Consul"

Unfortunatelly, it's next to impossible to identify any USSR razors as they are not on sale online.
I did a quick search for CONSUL \ Консул razors, but nothing showed up. Actually, this means nothing as none of my USSR branded razors can be found by Google.

If you decide to purchase a razor from this guy, you definitely should buy a bust of Lenin as an add-on.

proxy.php

Wow. Achim, I just want to browse through your razor collection.

+1 It could keep me busy for weeks I am sure. :drool:

I was curious about that razor too, I would report back, but I got outbid by 50 cents... Maybe someone here is the new owner?

here is a picture from the auction:
proxy.php

Hallo Achim and TSV,

i have seen that you asked for a slim adjustbale ussr razor. i have one in a case which is also faked and quite similar to the gillette adjustable aristocrat. from both i have taken some pics. they copy everthing the colour of the letters and also the inlay. very scared.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

furthermore for me it is a much better shave with the ussr adjustable because the bladecrack? the crack/split between the razor and the blade is wider then the gillette one. i would say 1 is like the 3 of gillette

best regards, schöne grüße =)
michael

sry for my english i'm from germany

Last edited:
Hallo Achim and TSV,

i have seen that you asked for a slim adjustbale ussr razor. i have one in a case which is also faked and quite similar to the gillette adjustable aristocrat. from both i have taken some pics. they copy everthing the colour of the letters and also the inlay. very scared.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

furthermore for me it is a much better shave with the ussr adjustable because the bladecrack? the crack/split between the razor and the blade is wider then the gillette one. i would say 1 is like the 3 of gillette

best regards, schöne grüße =)
michael

sry for my english i'm from germany

I guess you mean blade gap. Thanks for sharing.

Hey!
If the Commies can clone the B-29 Bomber then a Adjustable razor should be no problem.
Their product aren't renowned for their crew comfort.

hallo,

besides the short handle ussr adjustbale razor in the simmilar aristocrat-case, i have found another aristocrat-case of an ussr razor which seems to be a long handle.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

best regards

Top Bottom