What's new

How to be a Good Server OR How to Convince an Entire Shaving Forum You're a Jerk

oh boy reading spring1s other posts on other web sites are a hoot, but kinda depressing too.... she's an angry angry, self entitled woman haha

This is one of the most amusing things I've ever read. I mean, really? A miles-long spam post on a shaving forum filled with your own pedantic problems revolving around the food service industry, developed from the point of view of being improperly served according to your own standards on how much ranch dressing is enough? Might I suggest just carrying bottles of ranch and mayo around in your purse? Sounds like it'll be a step-up for you as far as classiness goes with you, madame.

B

bluefoxicy

I disagree about bringing things out before they are ordered. I expect I will be brought water before I have to do anything.

Drinking water straight makes me sick. Ethylene glycol is less dangerous to me(*).

So I now have a glass of water, which will have to be washed later. In the mean time, it's going to get soaked and leak water all over my table from condensation. It's going to be in my way, and if I'm having an active conversation or someone brought chips too it might get knocked over.

It's just a hazard waiting to happen.

*Please please please don't try this.

Drinking water straight makes me sick. Ethylene glycol is less dangerous to me(*).

So I now have a glass of water, which will have to be washed later. In the mean time, it's going to get soaked and leak water all over my table from condensation. It's going to be in my way, and if I'm having an active conversation or someone brought chips too it might get knocked over.

:lol::lol::lol:

Adam is that you..have you assumed another name? :lol::lol:

Well, this is an old thread but it was linked to from another and I got to read the top post all over again. That was fun.

Springs1 missed the one thing I find most annoying: waiter/waitress tunnel vision.

Let's say someone at your table forgot to ask for a certain condiment so you try to catch your waiter's eye.

He flies through the room at warp 2 a half dozen times but never looks your way. You raise your arm. Nothing.

Once he is at the table right next to you but he has his back to you. But, he MUST turn around to get to the kitchen. AHA! You've got him!. He goes the other way and never looks back.

So, you figure next time you see him you will stand up and go to him. He doesn't show!

Eventually it is really too late. If you waited the food would have got cold. And all this time you haven't been able to really enjoy your food because you were always on the lookout for your waiter.

NOW he comes by and asks if everything is OK. Arrrgh!

I think waiters/waitresses must go to school just to perfect this tunnel vision skill.

I am ready to join the Springs1 club!

Last edited:
Well, this is an old thread but it was linked to from another and I got to read the top post all over again. That was fun.

Springs1 missed the one thing I find most annoying: waiter/waitress tunnel vision.

Let's say someone at your table forgot to ask for a certain condiment so you try to catch your waiter's eye.

He flies through the room at warp 2 a half dozen times but never looks your way. You raise your arm. Nothing.

Once he is at the table right next to you but he has his back to you. But, he MUST turn around to get to the kitchen. AHA! You've got him!. He goes the other way and never looks back.

So, you figure next time you see him you will stand up and go to him. He doesn't show!

Eventually it is really too late. If you waited the food would have got cold. And all this time you haven't been able to really enjoy your food because you were always on the lookout for your waiter.

NOW he comes by and asks if everything is OK. Arrrgh!

I think waiters/waitresses must go to school just to perfect this tunnel vision skill.

I am ready to join the Springs1 club!

Along with this goes the incredible waiter/waitress-fu skill of asking you if everything is fine ONLY when you have a mouth full of food and cannot answer before they assume that everything is, in fact, OK and run off to the next table.

I didn't read the entire post but I'm sure de OP is the type of person that the first thing they do when they sit down at a restaurant table, is to put a $20 on the hand of the waiter/waitress, to impress his/her party and get excellent service.
:laugh:

Well I just wasted about ten minutes of my life reading the first page of this and the last page and at my advanced age loosing ten minutes is a lot...:blink:

Top Bottom