What's new

Yay! I Got a Coticule

This came in the mail today! Now I gotta find someone who'll teach me how to use this in exchange for a burrito from Chipotle!

proxy.php

Nice coti. They are fun and have been a challenge to get it where I think they rank up to where I can get my razors with my synthetics.

+1 on the Coticule.de site. I posted a thread and was helped a lot by the Bart and some of the other folks there. Where did you pick it up from?

I got it from Jarrod at The Superior Shave. After checking almost everyone that has coticules, I went with Superior Shave because he sent me multiple pictures of the coticules he had in stock of the size I specified. So I was able to hand-pick the one I liked (based on my limited Coticule knowledge of color and manganese content).

A good thing about coticules are that they are the only stone you're going to need. The bad thing is that it doesn't matter you still want another stone :lol:

I've been watching Bart's and Martin's (Rasurpur) coticule videos on YouTube. I have a factory fresh Gold Dollar. And I'm going to try honing it this weekend.

Naw. The top and bottom ones are from Ardennes!
I have a question for you... My impression is that all vintage hones are narrow, with the Swaty being the widest at 2" and the rest usually 1" to 1½" and I hypothesize that it's because it makes it easier to hone slightly warped blades. How wide are the vintage coticules that you have?

I got it from Jarrod at The Superior Shave. After checking almost everyone that has coticules, I went with Superior Shave because he sent me multiple pictures of the coticules he had in stock of the size I specified. So I was able to hand-pick the one I liked (based on my limited Coticule knowledge of color and manganese content).

+1 for The Superior Shave. I picked up my Coticule from Jarrod as well the other week and he was great to deal with.

Top Bottom