What's new

The Confessional is now Open...

I still keep a Mach 3 in the cabinet.

I would buy a stick of Arko just for the smell.

I've bought ten Gillette DE blades for 5,99€

:blushing:

I haven't bought any shave related gear in over 2 weeks!

I don't think I will be buying anything for another 2 weeks either!

:001_tt2:

I've never seen a Badger brush before! :eek:
Never tried or seen Talbac, Speik... well anything other than VDH soap.
I've never seen Shaving cream that didn't come out of a can.

But I ordered creams and soaps and a badger brush today! Even a Futur. :lol:

Both feet first is the way to jump in once you have dabbed a toe.
Good show!

Yeah, definitely nothing to be ashamed of there, Koss. (er, now get out of this thread and go shave!) :biggrin:

I only have two brushes on display and four hidden. Then I rotate the ones I want to use to the shelf. SWMBO has not caught on yet and if she has she has not said anything.

B

BrightFutur

I sometimes give very serious consideration to shaving all of my arm/leg/chest/etc. hair off. The idea of so much continuous shaving (I could make it last for hours and hours!) and so much lathering etc. Just really does something for me.

I lent a DE blade (IP) to a domestic terrorist and he cut his finger open with it. To the bone.

I just lost my job, but it hasn't affected the rate at which I purchase shaving gear. One night when considering food vs QED soaps I decided that 'If I am a little short on food money this month, I can smell the soaps and make rounds of the food samples at Costco until next month.'

Last edited by a moderator:
I sometimes give very serious consideration to shaving all of my arm/leg/chest/etc. hair off. The idea of so much continuous shaving (I could make it last for hours and hours!) and so much lathering etc. Just really does something for me.

you're gonna need a big bottle of aftershave my friend. maybe in a spray bottle.

im worried that shipping may take longer on a few products than i though, and they will arrive once the girlfriend gets back from scotland...

:c8: im dead...

Yes, but how would you shave "where the sun don't shine"? :lol:

I haven't bought any shave related gear in over 2 weeks!

I don't think I will be buying anything for another 2 weeks either!

:001_tt2:

Almost made it 2 weeks! Ordered some blades from WCS and some Godrej Menthol Mist cream today...

:out:

Will it ever end?

I still have my Mach 3 face ripper in the closet...actually used it on vacation recently, but I did use my brush and some proraso cream.

Last edited:
B

BrightFutur

I lost my job a few weeks ago.

I have only a few hundred bucks remaining to get me through my last month in Utah.

In the last 2 days I've spent $120 dollars on shaving-related purchases.

But I'm happy.

Edit: I had a dream about shaving last night. Is that sinful?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are my 10 sins of the week thus far...

1. Bought - Alum Block $1.90 from Indian Grocery Store
2. Bought - Barbicide $6.50 from a Beauty Supply Store
3. Bought - GEM Micromatic - Even though I never seen one or know much a bout them
4. Bought - New Blades for the GEM above - didn't know I couldn't even use the DE's I had -- Ya I'm a newbie 8)
5. Bought - 40's SS with Notched Bar - Because I have read so many wonderful things about them
6. Bought - Aqua Velva - Because I read a lot of posts about it - all of which sounded appealing...
7. Bought - Skin Bracer - See above description ^
8. Contemplating a Straight - even though I would probably kill myself...
9. Considering selling my Vision - to buy more razors
10. Thinking about making my own Bay Rum aftershave

8. Contemplating a Straight - even though I would probably kill myself...

That's very unlikely, go for it!

These three fresh cuts on my face will heal in no time, but the pride of straight shaving lives forever.

I'm still learning that whole upper lip thing.

Ohio,

I know eventually I will I am sure... Sadly, I also suck at honing knives, but I can always have a nice person here to hone it for me =P

Top Bottom