What's new

The Confessional is now Open...

• I snuck in a bottle of Aqua Velva into the shopping cart while the wife wasn't looking.

• Walking past the bathroom late at night I had to open up the Proraso and take a wiff.

I can change. :001_smile

I have a long tooth comb NEW being replated, but it was taking too long to get so I bought a short tooth comb NEW in the mean time. I'm glad I did it too. Is that wrong?:blink:

I am addicted to Osage Rub but, I can admit I have a problem. Fortunately, the Menthoholics Anonymous group is giving me a lot of support right now and I may soon wean off on AV.

I have a Conair Hot Lather machine that I use to heat canned goo (Barbasol with aloe). I put it into a lather dish and sprinkle the scent I plan on wearing that day before mixing and applying it with a brush.

It feels.... good on my face.

:blushing: I'm so embarassed. :blushing:

I'm a N00b wetshaver.

After reading B&B, I bought a M3 and Fuzion.

I bought the $25 AoS kit and yet have only made my own lather Once in my Lifetime.

I've watched Mantic's videos at least 2X in my short career, yet I only do 1 WTG with my new Lord (according to Mantic is a CAP - Cheap A-- Product).

I go into work looking unshaven.

I've read Kyle's Prep at least 2X times and the ENTIRE thread following it, yet despite my N00b status have yet to try it (see above on making lather).

I've used Aqua Velva only because my Drill Instructor made me and have since refused to use it afterwards. I think it smells cheap.

I've recently had a desire to buy something that smells like sandalwood (where'd that come from).

There- I think I'm qualified now to be a nominee for the shaving confessions Hall of Shame.

In my own defense see my edits below

I'm a N00b wetshaver.

After reading B&B, I bought a M3 and Fuzion.
or maybe it was AoS I was reading...

I bought the $25 AoS kit and yet have only made my own lather Once in my Lifetime.

I have plenty left of the Black Opal gel and I despise waste.
I've watched Mantic's videos at least 2X in my short career, yet I only do 1 WTG with my new Lord (according to Mantic is a CAP - Cheap A-- Product).
I didn't catch this until after I bought it

I go into work looking unshaven.
See above...besides, most of the guys I work with don't care much about appearance. At least I ask my dry cleaner to put creases in my jeans:001_tongu.
I've read Kyle's Prep at least 2X times and the ENTIRE thread following it, yet despite my N00b status have yet to try it (see above on making lather).
I'm trying to use up the gel and to only learn one thing at a time; blade angle and WTG technique.
I've used Aqua Velva only because my Drill Instructor made me and have since refused to use it afterwards. I think it smells cheap.
This is true...but I'm thinking about doing the drug store smell test
I've recently had a desire to buy something that smells like sandalwood (where'd that come from).

There- I think I'm qualified now to be a nominee for the shaving confessions Hall of Shame.

I didn't want to make myself seem so insolent to those of you wise to the ways of the world. Forgive me. I got caught up in the competition of one-upmanship.

I went to Boots the chemist to purchase some aftershave splash, I went for the Boots original bay rum. I was admiring my purchase at home when I realized it was hair and scalp conditioning tonic! I had a shave that night and used it as aftershave.

I also soaked my slim adjustable in vinegar for too long, it is now tainted quite badly.

2 school boy errors in 1 week, I have lots to learn........

Last edited:
I love the smell of TOBS rose so much I put some in a film cannister - not so I can take small amounts on holidays - just so I've got a sniffer sample in the car.....

I've never seen a Badger brush before! :eek:
Never tried or seen Talbac, Speik... well anything other than VDH soap.
I've never seen Shaving cream that didn't come out of a can.

But I ordered creams and soaps and a badger brush today! Even a Futur. :lol:

I've never seen a Badger brush before! :eek:
Never tried or seen Talbac, Speik... well anything other than VDH soap.
I've never seen Shaving cream that didn't come out of a can.

But I ordered creams and soaps and a badger brush today! Even a Futur. :lol:

Both feet first is the way to jump in once you have dabbed a toe.
Good show!

Top Bottom