What's new

Zowada Dreaming

What would it be? Let's dream...

Shoulderless yes. French point. Killer Horn scales. 7/8 would be perfect!

I originally ordered my Buddel in 7/8 but the more I thought about it, the more I thought that 6/8 would be better so I changed it. I agree with you on the French point and shoulderless design though. I think that Mammoth ivory passes for killer horn scales.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I originally ordered my Buddel in 7/8 but the more I thought about it, the more I thought that 6/8 would be better so I changed it. I agree with you on the French point and shoulderless design though. I think that Mammoth ivory passes for killer horn scales.

Close enough! :tongue_sm

For aesthetics, I too would like the bevel a little smaller. Splitting hairs, really.

Thanks for all the good ideas! I'm finally gatting back to making more razors. I'm just on my way home from the Ashokan Knife Seminar. I thought I'd stop in.

The wide silver line you see, in the photo, is not the honing bevel. It is actually an un-etched area above the honing bevel. If I etched the Damascus in this area, the etching would go through the razor to the other side. If you look closely, you will see a faint, bright silver line on the very edge. That is the actual honing bevel. It averages 0.003" wide on a new razor.

Thanks again for all the great ideas. I will take them under advisement, when I do some "spec." work.

I hope this helps.

Tim Z.

Hey Tim, welcome back!

Thanks for explaining the width of the "bevel." I knew there had to be a reason for it.

As for the new ideas...your work never ceases to amaze me.

Top Bottom