What's new

Yaqi soap

Anyone tried the Yaqi branded sandal wood soap? It's a 60gr tin and seems cheap at the moment on AliExpress. See I'm looking to scratch an itch. New brush, razor etc.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Anyone tried the Yaqi branded sandal wood soap? It's a 60gr tin and seems cheap at the moment on AliExpress. See I'm looking to scratch an itch. New brush, razor etc.
No I am curious to see what you think!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I tried a sample of sandal and lime. Both are crap:thumbdown, too much glycerine, foamy like a dish soap but not creamy and protective. Just skip the yaqi soap.

As a person who has used earlier versions of these soaps (Yaqi Lemon and Yaqi Sandalwood) I also want to add some kind of a short "review", but you really should take into consideration that I really don't know if Yaqi have developed them for the better. The soaps were not even available on the AliExpress site when Yaqi sent them to me.

Both were hard soaps. It was easy to build a lather with them. The sandalwood one builds lather quicker than the Lemon one. In scent-wise the sandalwood had a scent that I am familiar with since childhood, it smelled like tobacco cologne. But when you lather you may smell some kind of sandalwood characteristics. On the other hand Yaqi Lemon had a unnatural lime scent, I mean it is definitely not the same as you would smell in older Derby creams. Although lemon one was also a hard soap, it had a jelly look, and when the water hits the soap you could see through the soap. I couldn't like the scents.

I have loaded my brush (I was using Yaqi HMW) with Yaqi lemon for about 45sec or so, I have loaded it really much, because the Sandalwood one had a problem while I was trying to do my 2nd and 3rd pass. The problem was: No matter how much I've loaded the brush, the lather that I have built have disappeared anyways. I mean it was just flying away... In slickness-wise they were not that bad, I mean most of the soaps can not be bad in this wise, because as we all know, even bath soaps such as Dove provide some good slickness. But once I've started to shave, I saw that I was not able to do blade-buffing as I wanted to, because there were not enough lather residue on my face that would let me do so. So in residual slickness-wise that was not good at all. Both of the soaps didnt dry on my face while I was shaving. Most of us use AS products so I don't know if i should add this one, but if there is anyone who would like to hear how soaps performed after a shave, I can say that my face didn't feel dry at all.

They are finally shipping Yaqi shaving soaps on Aliexpress even if only in 27gr samples.
Are they still produced by the South African soapmaker of Master Soaps?

Last edited:
You should not confuse these smaller soaps in tins with larger (and much more expensive) croap soaps which are made for Yaqi by Master Soaps from South Africa. These soaps are pretty much in the top class judging from the experience of some people.

You should not confuse these smaller soaps in tins with larger (and much more expensive) croap soaps which are made for Yaqi by Master Soaps from South Africa. These soaps are pretty much in the top class judging from the experience of some people.
Why confuse?
Whether they are soaps in a can or in the larger container it is still the same Yaqi soap and the manufacturer is the same for both.

If things were different i.e. if the manufacturer of the soap in the small can is different from the manufacturer of the soap in the large container, then I will be happy to move my question elsewhere or open a new topic.

Why confuse?
Whether they are soaps in a can or in the larger container it is still the same Yaqi soap and the manufacturer is the same for both.

If things were different i.e. if the manufacturer of the soap in the small can is different from the manufacturer of the soap in the large container, then I will be happy to move my question elsewhere or open a new topic.
Does MSC make the hard soap too? I was under the impression that it was made by someone else. I grabbed a tin of the sandalwood when it was on sale but don’t recall being able to find any info on who made it (the other soaps list MSC as the manufacturer IIRC)

Does MSC make the hard soap too? I was under the impression that it was made by someone else. I grabbed a tin of the sandalwood when it was on sale but don’t recall being able to find any info on who made it (the other soaps list MSC as the manufacturer IIRC)
@FullBoar
I can't answer that question, I asked about who the manufacturer of Yaqi soaps is for that very reason.
I don't know if there are production differences between the product inside the 27-gram sample or the soap in the large package.
I believe the manufacturer is the same if you have no news or can refute me on what I was writing.

Top Bottom