What's new

Yaqi razors with pics

87AF0207-9359-455D-871B-90BED28672E3.jpeg
0C8E6862-9A18-4B0B-AB5C-FC06A8965E1F.jpeg
4B62AFFF-5317-47E2-8520-85732B9F1867.jpeg
181BEA0A-80B9-4AF3-87E6-6F442189AF51.jpeg
024B919F-C131-45BB-AC57-89CC83DB16C3.jpeg
61B3F009-D0D4-46C3-809C-9118182CAD6D.jpeg
This was today’s mail call a couple of Yaqi razors. Both the DE and DOC ‘Mellon’ razor as Yaqi call it are with brass handles and come in at roughly 93 grams each. Haven’t taken either for a spin yet though I have used another Yaqi DOC I own that’s identical and very efficient without feeling aggressive. I know some have commented on the quality of finish on these razors but myself have not had any issues with any of the four I now own. The photos are there for you to decide for yourselves.

I like the chrome razor! Is that an open comb razor? When you try it, let us know how close it shaves.

smu

Two notes. One, on the chrome DOC you can easily buff or sand the logo off the top cap. Two, the DOC cap is a great match with the R41 bottom plate.
proxy.php

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Nice pictures and report. The Yaqi brushes are good, so why wouldn't the razors be.

It would be interesting to compare the DOC with the other DOC razors. Unlikely that anybody has the set, but maybe.

I'll look at these further in the Yaqi store to see what the metals are, the price, etc.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
View attachment 859337 View attachment 859338 View attachment 859339 View attachment 859340 View attachment 859341 View attachment 859342 This was today’s mail call a couple of Yaqi razors. Both the DE and DOC ‘Mellon’ razor as Yaqi call it are with brass handles and come in at roughly 93 grams each. Haven’t taken either for a spin yet though I have used another Yaqi DOC I own that’s identical and very efficient without feeling aggressive. I know some have commented on the quality of finish on these razors but myself have not had any issues with any of the four I now own. The photos are there for you to decide for yourselves.

Is there any chance you can maybe upload some profile shots with a blade loaded in the DOC head so we can get an idea of blade exposure and guard span distance?

If you own any Gillette 3 piece razors, do the handles fit the Gillette heads?

Along the lines of the pics below. If you'd be so kind. :)

NEWSC.JPG IMG_2114.jpg

Like the GSK and mild PAA there is negative blade exposure (clear in second pic), small blade gap, but large guard span.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Like the GSK and mild PAA there is negative blade exposure (clear in second pic), small blade gap, but large guard span.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Thanks for the pics.

Lots of blade showing beneath the cap and yeah, very generous guard span.

It looks similar also to the RR Old Type, another mild shaver as I understand it. I've read it can benefit from a shim between the cap and blade.

My RAD had a sudden flare up, but its dead again lol.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
I did this one with my phone.

GeneralBladeHead.JPG

Doesn't have to be perfect to capture most of what Mike is looking for, I think.

This photo is of the head of my SS Colonial General. I cropped the original to focus on what I wanted to illustrate.

Happy shaves,

Jim

Top Bottom