What's new

WTB /WTT for Alex Gilmore stone

I'm finally happy enough with my honing that I'd like to try one of these stones. They have a good reputation, and I really like a one stone solution for simplicity.

My mental model of stone value is in the $200-500 range, depending on size. Someone jump in if I'm off the mark.

My first hope is for a trade. I'm open to a straight sale, but would need to wait until after the holidays.

I have a wide set of stones gathered from years of knife and stone sharpening. Coticules to Arks to British Isles to German to Finland to a couple antique Jnats.

I also have a variety of high quality kitchen cutlery from Japan and custom western makers, if anyone is interested in that.

I'm happy to provide pics or info if this caches anyone's eye, but it's hard to know what to photograph ahead of time.

Thanks for looking
CC

Thanks to one gent for reaching out - got near a trade, but no cigar this time. Still looking!

Figured I'd show the type of cutlery I have around - these are just a couple examples, but there are definitely other options, just let me know what type of thing you're looking for. I'll take better photos in good daylight next time 😶‍🌫️

From left to right with ballpark trade values:
  • Robin Dalman honyaki 240mm ($650)
  • Kochi by Japanese Knife Imports 240mm ($250)
  • Toyama 240mm ($500)
  • Kochi slicer by Japanese Knife Imports 240mm ($275)
  • Masami Asai 210mm (deceased, $400)
  • Dan Bidinger 195mm ($650)
  • Ryusen 180mm ($200)

1702967114338.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom