What's new

WOT: Dating pickle for Valentine's Day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The original poster "place"has posted as both a man and a woman, to spam his imbedded links for advertising purposes. Last night he posted a link saying he was coantemplating suicide which was subsequently deleted, but had a lot of members (including myself quite worried). I am relieved that "place" has turned out to be a scam artist, and not someone truly contemplating suicide ( i would rather be played for a sucker, than se someone get hurt).

The original poster "place"has posted as both a man and a woman, to spam his imbedded links for advertising purposes. Last night he posted a link saying he was coantemplating suicide which was subsequently deleted, but had a lot of members (including myself quite worried). I am relieved that "place" has turned out to be a scam artist, and not someone truly contemplating suicide ( i would rather be played for a sucker, than se someone get hurt).

I agree and I for one was heartened to see so many members out there who cared so deeply about finding out the truth and trying to help. It make me feel like people here truely care.

I can't believe someone would actually stoop so low as to be a member for months on a forum and build up a post count only to be a shill and to post something as horrible as a suicide call for help just to post spam links. Seriously low and horrible.
I'm glad it all got sorted out.

I agree and I for one was heartened to see so many members out there who cared so deeply about finding out the truth and trying to help. It make me feel like people here truely care.

I can't believe someone would actually stoop so low as to be a member for months on a forum and build up a post count only to be a shill and to post something as horrible as a suicide call for help just to post spam links. Seriously low and horrible.
I'm glad it all got sorted out.

Jim went through a deleted most of the imbedded links in his previous posts. BtW, on an unrelated note, my GM was Irish, does your signature say "if it's uncommon it is good"?

Mods - Out of curiousity I took a look at the other entries that "place" has posted since joining. The majority appear to be repetitive filler that make absolutely no contribution to the conversation thread, those that are more verbose appear to be shill ads similar to the one on this thread.

It look like Jim cleaned up a couple but there is one about suits from 1/17 that is still active.

Jim went through a deleted most of the imbedded links in his previous posts. BtW, on an unrelated note, my GM was Irish, does your signature say "if it's uncommon it is good"?

Yes I noticed the links were deleted. Hurrah for the mods! :thumbup:

What's a GM (pm me about this if you like)
Anyway it means "that which is strange, is wonderful"

I know its a bit after the fact, but FWIW: on V-day last year (my girlfriend and I's first) I surprised her at her apartment with a 'picnic basket' full of food and cooking supplies, and then banished her to her room to get dressed, while I commandeered her kitchen and cooked her dinner.

I highly recomend keeping this idea in your repertoire, it works wonders.

I completely missed all the fun. I was working too hard, I guess.

We are a trusting group, at least in part. I tried to operate a couple of online forums. The f****** spammers just drove me crazy. It is almost impossible to operate a casual forum now. You have to have security rules enforced and all turned on. I just gave up on it, after deleting dozens of spam users (usually with Russian domain addresses). And these were forums with no visibility at all.

I have first-hand experience with trying to keep the a******* from ruining a nice place for conversation. Thanks to those who do the policing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom