What's new

Wolf Whiskers

Peter won't send badger knots out of the country as there are restrictions put on commercial companies regarding the export of animal hair. He's stated several times that he won't do it and to not even ask.

You could always order just the handle without a knot, have a knot delivered by someone else and install it yourself. I'm sure you could get a micrometer and give Peter the knot dimensions including the exact size of the plug and what you want it set at. Either install if with some silicone if you want to remove it again later or some 5 minute epoxy for a permanent solution. It's pretty easy to do.

For Peter's brushes I like to use a Shave Envy Luxury knot (around $44) or a Shavemac 2 band Silvertip (not the d01 version) at about $120. These are both Silvertip badger hair.

As far as synthetic knots go I have no experience with them. I'd share with Peter the attributes that you find desirable and ask him for a recommendation since he's likely familiar with all of them.

+1

Well my handle came in the mail today. I have to say I didn't expect the weight. Which I have to say it's a welcomed suprise. Time to do a small break in and shave.

Received this brush on Monday. Loving it so far!
proxy.php

Nice brush but c'mon man you know the drill. We need information.

what handle style is it?
what color did you choose?
what knot is it?
what loft did you pick?
Lol sorry, posted it from my phone and the picture took up the response box.

Chubby 2 handle with the 'Stone hedge' theme and ubersoft II knot.

Not sure if anyone's following this really since it got buried, but my brush arrived.

An Odyssey with a --------
30mm TGN Finest bulb

It's enormous and I LOVE it.

The bottom is a clear blue and the top is called Poseidon's Lair.

$IMG_20160728_172741~2.jpg

The Switchback 400 is for scale. Also next to a black handled Grosvenor. Towers over most of my other brushes. Exactly what I wanted.

Thanks Peter!

Here's one of the pictures here sent me.

$DSC_0940.jpg

Not sure if anyone's following this really since it got buried, but my brush arrived.

An Odyssey with a --------
30mm TGN Finest bulb

It's enormous and I LOVE it.

The bottom is a clear blue and the top is called Poseidon's Lair.

View attachment 676889

The Switchback 400 is for scale. Also next to a black handled Grosvenor. Towers over most of my other brushes. Exactly what I wanted.

Thanks Peter!

Here's one of the pictures here sent me.

View attachment 676891

looks sweet. I was tempted to do a translucent bottom, but the pearl combo won me over. I don't think there are any wrong choices with his combos. 30mm must be a beast, largest i have is 26mm but i can se the draw to a 30mm one day. many great uses with it.

and it is unfortunate this thread got moved......

Here's another one of mine.

Handle: Bishop
Color: Ginny's Joy
Knot: Envy White 24mm
Loft: 56mm

There's always some variation with these. The color got a lot more red/orange than I would have liked but I need some color in my shave den and thought it looked pretty cool. It's completely different than what I was going for but I like it. I'm waiting to see what it looks like in person.

$DSC_0009 (1).jpg$DSC_0010 (1).jpg$DSC_0011 (1).jpg$DSC_0012 (1).jpg

Last edited:
I think for my next Wolf Whiskers brushes I'll try some knots from Elite Razor. Probably the 24mm High Mountain White, then maybe the Manchurian White after that.

The brush gets a 25 mm Shavemac Knot D01 2Band, with 53mm Loft.
When he's finished , I will present it here

Well, a new brush has joined the Shiloh Shaving Team.

My new Wolf Whiskers brush arrived today (photo below).:001_smile

Full photo array and specs are posted to the Wolf Whiskers Parade thread. But that thread has been moved to Clubs and Brotherhoods, so viewership of that thread is limited (unless subscribed, new postings are invisible).

Anyway, I just wanted to share a glimpse of this beautiful brush. I can't wait to put it through its paces!

More importantly...I wanted to post a shout-out to Peter. He is an artist, and this brush is amazing! Moreover, he is a pleasure to work with. I wanted a color that was in his gallery but not on the order form, and he found one blank in his inventory and got me what I really wanted...it's a beautiful brush! Communication with him was a pleasure, as we worked out all the details of the brush construction. I couldn't be happier with the whole process...even the wait list moved quickly, and once I approved the order, the brush was made and shipped in 4 days.

Wolf Whiskers is highly recommended! Peter is the man!! :thumbup:

$DSC_0027.jpg

Well, a new brush has joined the Shiloh Shaving Team.

My new Wolf Whiskers brush arrived today (photos below).

Handle: Tuxedo
Color: Renaissance
Knot: TGN Finest 24mm
Loft: 56 mm

It's a beauty...can't wait to use it! :001_smile

Peter was a pleasure to work with...the wait list moved quickly, and once I approved the order, the brush was made and shipped in 4 days. Peter is an artist and a gentleman...he and I were able to communicate about all the details of the brush construction -- and I got just what I wanted.

$DSC_0026.jpgView attachment 678007$DSC_0028.jpg$DSC_0029.jpg$DSC_0031.jpg

Top Bottom