What's new

Wine Refrigerator

I have been getting into wine more and more lately and figure that a wine refrigerator is a good next step, especially as at the moment I have a decent size wine refrigerator's worth of wine laying on the floor in the dark spot of my closet. Does anyone have one? How do you like it? Is it worth it? If so can you give me any general information about them that might make choosing one easier? I have been looking around am have found some that seem like nice units but I wanted to get the opinions of those who actively are using one.

Cheers

We have had a Danby wine refrigerator for over ten years now. We only store white wine, champagne, and mixers in it. Some of the newer models have dual temperature zones but our is only single. The only problem I have had with it was in our move from FL to AS. It began to frost up. After some research, I changed the rubber stripping around the door and now it works perfectly. It holds about 24 bottles.

There's a storage refrigerator or a refridgerator to keep your wine at drinkingtemperature. Those are different things.
The storagerefridgerator basically is a basement, or winecellar. The other one keepr your wine at the correct drinkingtemperature, which is higher (red) or lower (white) from storage.
Mine is a storage, the cellar type. I used to buy wines young and store them a fewyears until ready for drinking. Brand is Liebherr.
When using as a winecellar: make sure it is vibrationfree, has a carbon airfilter to keep the air smellfree.

I and several friends have used Eurocave with no problems for over a decade. They are convenient and reliable; a great way to store wine. However, If your turnover is 6 months or less, or if you only have a a couple of cases, I wouldn't bother with it - a closet works great.

Been using a Magic Chef 40+ bottle chiller the wife got me for Christmas about 15 years ago. Keep the Meads, a few whites, and her ice wines in it. I prefer heavy reds, those are in a rack beside it.

I guess I am looking more for a wine storage refrigerator to store bottles for the long term.

Thanks for the responses so far everyone!:a54:

I guess I am looking more for a wine storage refrigerator to store bottles for the long term.

Thanks for the responses so far everyone!:a54:

A couple months ago, I got this one on Facebook swapshop. Apparently, it had been returned to the warehouse as “damaged and unsellable” due to one of the sliding shelves not being level and staying on track. I paid $200, adjusted the moveable shelf support, and tightened a couple screws. It’s generally meant for long term storage. I keep all of my wines in it, and doubt I’ll ever fill it. Works great and has UV protected glass. It’s a Eurocave Pure L.

75E3DA25-054C-45B3-9EB9-F65B4438C01C.jpeg
623035A5-782C-42A4-9EFD-F7DF55F981A7.jpeg

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
We have had a Danby wine refrigerator for over ten years now. We only store white wine, champagne, and mixers in it. Some of the newer models have dual temperature zones but our is only single. The only problem I have had with it was in our move from FL to AS. It began to frost up. After some research, I changed the rubber stripping around the door and now it works perfectly. It holds about 24 bottles.

Where do you store your red wines? I've read that red wines benefit from cold storage as well. 45-65 degrees. 55 being "ideal".

There's a storage refrigerator or a refridgerator to keep your wine at drinkingtemperature. Those are different things.
The storagerefridgerator basically is a basement, or winecellar. The other one keepr your wine at the correct drinkingtemperature, which is higher (red) or lower (white) from storage.
Mine is a storage, the cellar type. I used to buy wines young and store them a fewyears until ready for drinking. Brand is Liebherr.
When using as a winecellar: make sure it is vibrationfree, has a carbon airfilter to keep the air smellfree.

+1! This is also my understanding.

Eurocave is good brand for a refrigerator. We have a cellar in the basement (essentially a major hobby/commitment). I recommend you start with a refrigerator, then decide if you wish to go the next step. Just my $0.02.

Top Bottom