What's new

Who RV's here?

My family and I got into RV'ing a few years ago after toying with the notion for some several years. Our current make/model is a Grand Design 28BH fifth wheel setup.

I grew up in RVs with both my parents and grandparents. I have owned a couple over the past 20 years. My parents would only own Airstream trailers. I now have an Airstream.

It is definitely a life-style for sure. Since getting into it most of the fun is scouting out new campgrounds to explore aside from the regular ones we go to.

Some of our trips have no itinerary. We hitch up and point the truck in a direction. We'll drive and see the sights stopping when and where we want. A few hours before dark, we'll find a campground, unhitch and see the sights. Sleep, get up and hit the road again in the morning and do it again. We've traveled 2k miles and not stayed in the same place 2 nights in a row.

Covid and now the economy have put the brakes on roaming around for while. Most of trips are now pre-planned and less than 400 miles from home.

Just finished a 61-day Caravan through the Canadian Eastern Provinces in our Tiffin Allegro Bus. Of all the places we visited the most amazing was L'Ans Aux Meadows in Newfoundland. Leif Ericson set foot here 500 years before Columbus made his voyage. Unfortunately, I can't seem to upload any pictures using my Starlink Internet connection.

Here's a pic of my rig. 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation X31 with the 3.0L Duramax turbo diesel pulling a Wildwood X-Lite 28vbxl.

20230423_121059.jpg

Top Bottom