What's new

Who can name movies or TV shows that have shaving scenes.

Saw the film Fury last month. Their is a scene where they show Brad Pitt lathering his face with soap and a brush but then they show him already shaved in the next scene so they don't show any razor.

Mapp And Lucia S01E01
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2014/52/mapp-and-lucia
Georgie Pillson is about to brush his teeth, SE razor and brush on the sink

$mapp_and_lucia.1x01.jpg

Broadchurch S02E01
At the very beginning of the episode, David Tennant is the bathroom to take some tablets, disposable razor in the background.

$Broadchurch.S02E01.jpg

Rio Bravo with John Wayne and Dean Martin. A young hot Angie Dickinson shaves Deano with a straight in the old west.

I just saw The Theory Of Everything and there is a very short shaving scene of Stephen Hawking being shaved by a helper. You can briefly see a brush and razor.

Just finished watching "Dark Passage," a 1947 Bogie and Bacall flick.

Not a great movie, but...in one scene, after Bogie has shaved, there is -- look quick or you'll miss it! -- a Schick Type G on the sink.

I saw that and shouted out "Look! My birth year razor...just like mine upstairs!"

My wife looked at me, rolled her eyes, muttering something less than complimentary...

Am I sick?

No your not sick...but the movie is already hunted down, so you have to keep on shave scene hunting

D

• Dance with a Stranger (1985) Rupert Everett shaves with DE.
  • Dances with Wolves (1990) Costner shaves with a straight.
  • Day of the Dead (1985) Bub the zombie is handed a DE razor, and goes through the motions of shaving [p 128]
  • Darjeeling Limited (2007) One of the brothers uses Merkur HD Slant.
  • Dark Passage (1947) Doctor shaves Bogart with a straight and Bogie shaves with a Schick E type.

Saw the film Fury last month. Their is a scene where they show Brad Pitt lathering his face with soap and a brush but then they show him already shaved in the next scene so they don't show any razor.

Honorable mention shave scene hunt......

Rio Bravo with John Wayne and Dean Martin. A young hot Angie Dickinson shaves Deano with a straight in the old west.

Already hunted down......keep on shave scene hunting

• Resistance (2013) Bill paxton, a downed American pilot, shaves with a straight
  • Rio Bravo (1959 ) Angie Dickinson shaves Dean Martin offers to shave John Wayne--[p 40]

In the movie The Invention of Lying (2009), with Ricky Gervais and Jennifer Garner, there's a couple of scenes in which Gervais' character is shown to have let himself go and grown a beard and long hair. One of his buddies comes into his bedroom and persuades him to pull himself together for Jennifer Garner's character's wedding, handing him a DE razor, with what looks like a rubber grip. No actual shaving shown, but in the next scene, Gervais' character is clean-shaven and suited.

Last edited:
In the movie The Invention of Lying (2009), with Ricky Gervais and Jennifer Garner, there's a couple of scenes in which Gervais' character is shown to have let himself go and grown a beard and long hair. One of his buddies comes into his bedroom and persuades him to pull himself together for Jennifer Garner's character's wedding, handing him a DE razor, with what looks like a rubber grip. No actual shaving shown, but in the next scene, Gervais' character is clean-shaven and suited.
Great shave related hunt..... now go get some real shave prey.

The tv series MASH has examples of shaving throughout it's run.

• Longmire (2012) AMC TV show...Longmire DE shaves [p 122]
  • M
  • Mad Men (2008) AMC, s2e6: Don Draper uses a Super Speed Black handled to shave.[p 3+43+106]
  • Masterpiece theater/Mystery (2012)PBS,S#5/E#2: Endeavor Morse is shaving with a DE in his sink.
  • M*A*S*H* (1978) CBS, S1/Ep6: Franks uses a 1912 GEM type razor
  • M*A*S*H* (1981) CBS- S10/E2- Col Potter getting ready to shave Charles with a straight--[p 111]
  • M*A*S*H* (1972) CBS s1/e5: Alan Ala as Hawkeye is getting a straight shave.--[p 47+77]
  • M*A*S*H* (1974) CBS s2/e24; Henry Blake shaving with a straight--[p 62].
  • M*A*S*H (1977) CBS S5/e6 BJ shaves with DE razor --[p 126]
  • M*A*S*H* (1972) CBS, s1/e6;Frank lathering up his face with a brush and then holding a DE--[p 48]
  • Miami Vice (1984) NBC,s1/e4 : Don Johnson shaving with a black handle Gillette Super Speed-[p 37]
  • Mike and Molly (2011)CBS, s2/ : Mike being shave w srt8t razor--[p 71]

Top Bottom