What's new

Which stuff is your never changed favorite since wet-shaving

Shark SS blades
Mühle R41
Own-brand silvertip from shaving.ie

I have used nothing else for over a year and don't plan to change. They all work in perfect harmony.
As for soaps, creams, balms, fragrances: impossible for me to be monogamous.

Merkur 23C. It was my first DE razor and is by far my favorite after trying 5 or 6 other razors. Shark Blades are my favorite blade and have been since my first month shaving.

My EJ89, it's got the same head as the Muhle 89s already named. I've tried other DEs, straights, and injectors but the EJ is what I come back to every time. Im thinking of getting a spare in case anything happens to it.

I also love my Omega 49 but I switch that up sometimes.

Since the first DE shave, 3P after shave balm. There may have been a flirtation somewhere along the line with another balm but it seems to have been wiped from my memory.

I also have a coffee mug which has "Success" on the side, and i've been using that for lather-making for maybe three decades.

dave

Last edited:
As of now:

Merkur 1904 open comb
Astra Super Platinums
Maggards 24mm marbled brush
Arko
Williams
Marvy shave mug
Old Spice aftershave

I have lots of other stuff, but I can't see myself running out of any of these.

1. My post war Fat handle Tech
2. My Derby blades
3. My Pinaud Clubman

You will have to pry them from my cold, dead hand.

I'd be happy with my Gillette Slim and Merkur 37c slant if I had to give everything else away (good thing I don't have to do that, though!)

I'd also be happy with just WSP soap and AoS cream.

Simpson Berkeley brush

VDH Deluxe soap

ATT H1 Kronos

Skin Bracer AS

With these I could happily shave the rest of my days.

I also have a coffee mug which has "Success" on the side, and i've been using that for lather-making for maybe three decades.

dave
You might want to finish out the shave with "Success" EdT. They also make an aftershave. It's good stuff. :biggrin1:

$image.gif

I like to leave the scent behind in the bathroom. Have never owned or used aftershave.

dave
More often than not, I'm this way too. However, i really like the face feel of Lucky Tiger. You get a splash of Dreamsicle (tangerine) and then it's gone. You're left with a great face feel (and no scent).

Top Bottom