What's new

which rifle should I buy?

which rifle should I buy?

• Remington 700 CDL Classic Deluxe

• Winchester Model 70 Sporter

• Other: Please specify

Results are only viewable after voting.
that the majority of custom and semi-custom riflesmiths build their rifles on Remington actions. Easy to work with, customize and accurize. That has a lot to be said for Remingtons.

proxy.php

by the way, can anyone recommend a decent online source for custom leather rifle slings? I found this place but wanted to know if there are other options out there.

In my country a steak knife is considered a weapon but if I could own one or two it would be a 1892 Winchester rifle and a Colt peacemaker revolver.

I have one of each, a pre 64 M 70 featherweight in 30-06 and a M700 varmint special in .223. My preference is the Winchester, as it has the old controlled feed, and honestly has the edge in accuracy, I know, hard to believe. It was my first centerfire back in the spring of 63 and I still have it.

So many good choices….
I sold off my Remington 700s years ago. Too many “issues” with their trigger groups. Winchester 70s have always seemed to be a contender in the bolt rifle arena. I choose Browning. Seldom if ever is there a naysayer when discussing Brownings (although I’m sure if you look hard enough…).
Slings? Andrews Custom Leather. No real need to look anywhere else.
93873C14-058B-4D3C-BC12-2CCB3B2E0FDD.jpeg

I am a Browning rifle naysayer....lol...Never cared for them....But, I am a big fan of Browning O/U guns.

I like Remington 700 rifles. I dont buy anything newer than about 30 years old, though.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
So this is my humble opinion but if you have your heart set on a Rem 700 I would look at Begara. Nice Rem clone with a good accuracy guarantee that will take any Remington style accessory currently offered (within reason). I myself am a Savage whore and very excited by the new Impulse straight pull they are teasing but you can’t go wrong with an Axis or Axis2 from them. Shockingly good accuracy out of the box for not much money.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
So this is my humble opinion but if you have your heart set on a Rem 700 I would look at Begara. Nice Rem clone with a good accuracy guarantee that will take any Remington style accessory currently offered (within reason). I myself am a Savage whore and very excited by the new Impulse straight pull they are teasing but you can’t go wrong with an Axis or Axis2 from them. Shockingly good accuracy out of the box for not much money.

I love my 110.

Yes on all counts. I love my Savage 10. I think the Impulse is really cool.

I think the Ruger Hawkeye, with its Mauser action and controlled feed is very classy, if you don't mind the price tag. Same with an upper end Winchester model 70 (the maple stocks are gorgeous).

Two excellent "budget" rifles; the Winchester XPR and the Weatherby Vanguard.

Top Bottom