What's new

Where In the World Am I?

Closer....the rock in the background is on the most popular approach to Half Dome. Near a certain famous falls.
I think "Yosemite" might have sufficed for the answer, bit if you want to keep going, I'm game.

Bingo! Taken on my wife and my's last trip to Yosemite before "we're going to try to start a family and probably won't be back here for a while." Fanstastic few days of hiking in a wonderful little private cabin inside the park, about a 10 minute drive from the valley. Possibly my favorite place in the world, especially if you can get out to the popular spots without crowds (we did...early morning during the week, had the mist trail mostly to ourselves on the way up....the return trip in the picture was packed with hikers in jeans and sneakers with an *empty* 8 ounce bottle of water and no other gear), and then explore some of the hidden gems. We were on one trail towards the end of our trip (memorial day weekend) where we hiked for HOURS without seeing A SINGLE other person, with views of most of the valley, upper and lower falls, and ended up in a crowded popular spot. Finding those gems is one of my favorite activities in the woods.

Oh, and you're up!

Where am I now?

Attachments

• $131.jpg
    $131.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 149
  • $127.jpg
    $127.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 150
I'd say Franconia notch, maybe on top of the ridge where the old man is/was? Likely wrong, though....looks quite Adirondacky too.....

The location in the photos is the summit of Bondcliff. One of the most amazing places in the White Mountains.

Here is an easy one to keep the thread moving along :001_smile

$30.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom