What's new

When to finally go for it.

Finally ordered an Ikon b1 oc deluxe after being very interested in it for almost 10 years!

So why now? What pushed me over?
I may not have been a member during my first years into DE wet shaving, was very much a viewer of many shaving forums.

So after seeing many of the (what I would call) the first original modern stainless steel razors come and go. Most recently Above the tie (still in shock), charcoal razors is also gone....
This has me remember when LASSC BBS-1 (the beginning of Wolfman) and Weber, Tradere have come and gone the list is getting long and yes Ikon is one of those original modern razors and they are not talked about often and currently on sale and also out of stock at many vendors.

So it is on the way!
What razors did you wish you got before times changed or razors that you have and are thankful you did get before it was too late?

My Homelike Start is another example getting before too late.

I like Ikon!
I've got both the Tek and the short comb. I bought them (the combo) last year when I saw the incredibly low price. The Tek without a doubt is my most aggressive razor but it's actually quite smooth when you shave with the correct angle. And the short comb is a nice OC that does a good job. Quality and QC on mine is spot on!
I don't know why they've stayed behind in terms of popularity. They're an incredibly good value as compared to anything else out there. Enjoy the B1!

Iridian

Cool and slimy
This is very much FOMO, the "Fear Of Missing Out". It is a very human thing. In Star Trek Online I really had to get a Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier and the related Attack Ship. These were time-limited lockbox (gambling!) items, ugh...

For razors, I had the bad luck or luck that most things I should have got before where already gone by the time I thought about it. The only ATT I have is the China-made SB90. Have no Charcoal Goods razors. No Carbon Shaving, no Wolfman. But some copies at least.

I am a firm believer that good things and experiences will return. History repeats itself as well, for better or worse. Design ideas get lost and resurface as well.

For example the R41 "original", the aggressive version with a slightly shorter cap from 2011. What resurfaced was the DSCosmetic Z0 prototype, a very straight copy of that. The later Z0s have a "longer" coverage of the cap like the 2013 R41s. So I don't quite have the real deal, but close enough... I also find the 2013 version and the later original Mühle R41 GS is very similar, but way easier to handle...^^

Top Bottom