What's new

WHAT'S YOUR TEA TODAY ?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
I've recently gotten back into tea, with enthusiasm.

Over Christmas our Scots family stayed, and I was horrified I didn't have a decent black tea in the morning. I'd been drinking junky CTC ice tea, and had of course wonderful puer ... which these folks aren't into.

So now we have Tetley British, Twining Prince of Wales, and a good Darjeeling. And an electric kettle ($15), not the cost but the countertop space was the issue. Mrs. AA hasn't commented yet.

For tea-people, if you know you know. But no matter how much you know about tea, there is more ... this book for me was a game-changer:

The Story of Tea, by Heiss. Will not recommend a seller, but it can be found. Check the bay.

I'm going to re-read it. Good stuff.

AA

IMG_1464.JPG

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🧐 Side by side taste test, Tetley British blend vs Twining Prince of Wales.

Four minutes, no milk or Splenda.

No comparison. PW is great, no astringency at all, light indeed. TBB is OK. It's tea. A little bit of that astringency, maybe 5-10% present. Better with milk/Splenda, in fact it probably needs it. It might end its days as iced tea.

Can't say enough good about PW, great stuff.

AA

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Dammit, I forget which one I brewed today. But I know this:
It's a Black Tea from a small to medium sized family farm in Yunnan Province, China.
FOUND IT
Oh, yeah, it was a 15-20 gram sample included with my 2nd Yunnan Sourcing order: 2 samplers + 2 100 gram bags of 2 teas from my 1st YS order that I liked..
It was Ning'er "Golden Honey Aroma" Yunnan Black Tea
ningergold.jpeg

🧐 Side by side taste test, Tetley British blend vs Twining Prince of Wales.

Four minutes, no milk or Splenda.

No comparison. PW is great, no astringency at all, light indeed. TBB is OK. It's tea. A little bit of that astringency, maybe 5-10% present. Better with milk/Splenda, in fact it probably needs it. It might end its days as iced tea.

Can't say enough good about PW, great stuff.

AA
Sounds like I need to try some Twining's Prince of Wales soon. Twining's has a good reputation for solid teas.

How would you compare Harrogate Earl Grey to other Earl Greys? The one I like best is from Smith Teas in Portland , OR. It's called Lord Bergamot.
I haven’t had that many Earl Greys, Bigelow Earl Grey, Stash Double Earl Grey, Twinings Earl Grey. Of those I like the Taylors. It has, for me, just the right amount of bergamot and the base tea tastes very good. My 2nd would probably be the Twinings.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
🧐 I don't love Earl Grey, but Lady Grey - with its added citrus - is amazing, IMO. No milk or sugar in that!

😵‍💫 This rough time change morning, it's just Tetley British and go. Tried her 50-50 sugar/stevia. I can still taste that stevia weirdness. Prefer Splenda, if needed, or sacharine, which they use in UK.

AA

Top Bottom