What's new

What's Your Moustache Wax For The Day?

strop

Now half as wise
I've tried Firehouse, Hndrbars, Oregon - mixed results, esp when its warm.
Then is was the regular version of Göt2b (white, dries clear, can irritate my skin at the end of the 'stach)
The the glue stick idea from SpartanDes - has some promise, I need to improve my technique but no skin problems.
But it sagged by the middle of the day.
So now its Göt2b ultra glued - still looking.
Since there is no clear wax (that I have found) and the Mo is white-white it's hard to find something that holds and does not look dingy.
Suggestions welcome...

View attachment 464137

View attachment 464141

I feel your pain. The two I'm currently using are Dr. Dittmar's and Brother's Love. Both come in a tube and are gum based rather than beeswax based. Of the two I like Brother's Love better. Dr. Dittmar's seems to get a little flaky by the end of the afternoon.

I have seen white beeswax on line in the past, and am going to try to find some to make my own.

BB Waikiki again for me and have some FW Wacky Tacky on the way

What are you getting Senshi?

It's a surprise but I'll be posting it here.

For all you facial hair aficionados, do you think an acquisition thread would be in order here?

Running low
$20140604_004647.jpg

I change up waxes all the time as I have a pretty serious Handlebar...... but sometimes change it up for a quasi English or some creation...Today's wax of choice and first time using it was Jenulence Citrus & Cedarwood. It definitely has hold but flakes more than I care for once dry.

$007.jpg$005.jpg

Use fisticuffs everyday, have only tried one other (can't remember the name right now - it's got a frog on it). Seems to work good for a good price. Good thread!

Use fisticuffs everyday, have only tried one other (can't remember the name right now - it's got a frog on it). Seems to work good for a good price. Good thread!

Welcome to B&B RoyalCake !!! Congrats on your first post here with us on the moustache and beard threads ! This is a huge site with tons of info ...seriously it would take multiple lifetimes to scratch the surface enjoy ! be sure to check in if you have not already in the new member check-in !

- Aaron

John Frieda makes (made?) a Sheer Blonde hair wax called Spun Gold that works great in my 'stache (yes, I have blonde hair). One tin lasts years.

Mine is the Diamond Bar Shaving company wax. I love this stuff. I actually used it yesterday. The wax held perfectly at the pool all day in 90 degree heat and the chlorine from the pool! It blends well and works great. $10527629_10154426502155647_2374243266331864811_n.jpg

anyone tried the Fisticuffs in Lavender? I only have the original lemon one and its a bit pungent for me. Lavender sounds better

Top Bottom