What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

Thanks for the suggestions. I ordered 100 Astra SP and also Nacet to try. I think I have about a three year supply now!
For the Astra SP did you order the Russian ones or just randomly order some? Most places are shipping ones made in India now and I haven’t tried those but based on the reviews and experience with other India blades I imagine it’s a good blade but different then the Russian ones I used to use all the time.

The Russian Astras are very smooth but the GSB is usually a tad sharper and just as smooth. Every batch of Russian Astra SP I’ve used has different levels of sharpness but all are very smooth.

The Nacets aren’t quite as smooth but are noticeably sharper to most people. They also smooth out very nicely after the first pass is done but aren’t rough or anything before that.

Since the price is still cheap and they’re all available you should try the Gillette Perma-Sharp and Gillette 7 OClock Yellow SharpEdge. Both can be had around $12-20 from various places.

Maybe grab some more single tucks of Russian blades as well and after you choose your favorite I recommend buying 300-500 minimum since they’re cheap and likely won’t be available when you run out in 3 years. I imagine you can find other blades in 3 years you’ll like but after trying over 50 blades I’ve came to the conclusion the Russians have the best blades for my face so I’m stocking up on all of my favorites.

They should be carbon steel blades.
Unfortunately, it seems that the opinions of those who have already tried them are unflattering and not at all pleasant.
I look forward to your evaluations.

I'm disappointed. I dislike how some AliExpress sellers think it is acceptable to substitute goods for what was actually ordered. I also just received some Jifuli blades, when I had order Iguetta Platinum Edges.

The small amount of money I spent means it is not worth going through a return/exchange, but the whole deal is annoying.

For the Astra SP did you order the Russian ones or just randomly order some? Most places are shipping ones made in India now and I haven’t tried those but based on the reviews and experience with other India blades I imagine it’s a good blade but different then the Russian ones I used to use all the time.
I ordered the Astra on Amazon. Their description said "Made in St Pietroburo" so I assumed they were Russian. Nope, tucks have "Made in India" printed on them. I put this fact in an Amazon review so hopefully others won't be duped. I'm going to keep the blades - who knows, they might be great.

I ordered the Astra on Amazon. Their description said "Made in St Pietroburo" so I assumed they were Russian. Nope, tucks have "Made in India" printed on them. I put this fact in an Amazon review so hopefully others won't be duped. I'm going to keep the blades - who knows, they might be great.

It was the other way around for me on Amazon. It says India but fortunately when it arrive it was Russians.

Have you tried the India ones? How are the blades so far?

I'm disappointed. I dislike how some AliExpress sellers think it is acceptable to substitute goods for what was actually ordered. I also just received some Jifuli blades, when I had order Iguetta Platinum Edges.

The small amount of money I spent means it is not worth going through a return/exchange, but the whole deal is annoying.
Have you tried Flying Eagle razor blades and are disappointed?

Maybe someone will be comfortable using the Flying Eagle white and pink pack at least once, however I think here in the forum there are only negative reviews.
Not only here.

That there is anyone who is always comfortable using those Chinese Flying Eagle blades seems far-fetched to me.

Have you tried Flying Eagle razor blades and are disappointed?

Maybe someone will be comfortable using the Flying Eagle white and pink pack at least once, however I think here in the forum there are only negative reviews.
Not only here.

That there is anyone who is always comfortable using those Chinese Flying Eagle blades seems far-fetched to me.
No, I haven't tried them yet. I have tried some Shubaili razor blades which look to be the same as the Flying Eagle Pink and Whites and those were pretty terrible.

In any case, it's a real problem in my opinion when sellers substitute another item without any feedback from a buyer. Perhaps that is the nature of the beast with AliExpress, but I don't like it. I wanted the Yellow and Pink ones which are stainless steel, I think. Same think with the Jifuli blades. I have used those before and if I wanted any I would have bought a Jifuli listing, not the Iguetta ones. It's a poor business practice.

I have tried some Shubaili razor blades which look to be the same as the Flying Eagle Pink and Whites and those were pretty terrible.
Shubaili razor blades!?!? I have never read them in this forum either.
By now I have realized that with Chinese blades that are not reviewed in this forum, or if there are reviews they are negative, they are not worth buying.

If they are unknown even worse, I don't consider buying them.

I wanted the Yellow and Pink ones which are stainless steel, I think.
The ones in the yellow and pink package are stainless blades and apparently they are good but they are not on Aliexpress.
Don't know where to buy them?

Shubaili razor blades!?!? I have never read them in this forum either.
By now I have realized that with Chinese blades that are not reviewed in this forum, or if there are reviews they are negative, they are not worth buying.

If they are unknown even worse, I don't consider buying them.

The ones in the yellow and pink package are stainless blades and apparently they are good but they are not on Aliexpress.
Don't know where to buy them?
Well that is the point of contention. The pink and yellow Flying Eagles are indeed listed on AliExpress. But my purchase of them yielded pink and white ones. You can't trust the item listings on this.

Well that is the point of contention. The pink and yellow Flying Eagles are indeed listed on AliExpress. But my purchase of them yielded pink and white ones. You can't trust the item listings on this.
Okay, sorry maybe I understand better now.
They fooled you with the pictures of the pink and yellow flying eagle blades.

I feel very sorry for you !!
I also happened to buy fake blades or have scams for different blades , on aliexpress not all sellers are reliable.

You have to be very careful, even when they match the photos and are the same blades in the ad when they get to your home they can be of very bad quality and unusable, unfortunately it has happened to me a couple of times already.

I just got 200 Nacets from Jordan off of eBay for about $20. That should keep me busy for a while.

It doesn't look like these are being discontinued or moving away from St. Petersburg, but I might buy some more just in case. They are great blades.
Do you happen to have the date codes of them, possibly? That would tell us if they really are still manufacturing them or whether they are older stock.

I just got 200 Nacets from Jordan off of eBay for about $20. That should keep me busy for a while.

It doesn't look like these are being discontinued or moving away from St. Petersburg, but I might buy some more just in case. They are great blades.
I also got 200 Nacets from Jordan off eBay for about $20. I wanted to get one last batch of Russian-made Nacets since they gave me some of my best shaves early on in my DE journey. They're not my absolute favorite but they're up there and who knows whether they'll keep the brand going or how well it will transition if/when they move production elsewhere.

For those interested, mine were produced "11/09" 2023 (not sure whether they use MM/DD or DD/MM but either way that's pretty late in 2023).

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
100 more Nacets before prices start going up.

IMG_0294.jpeg

Top Bottom