What's new

What's Your Latest 100 Blade Purchase, And Why?

1000004524.jpg

Just wanted to try something new...

I just did some sanity check.

If I rotate the top six blades in my stash (counting Astra SP Russian vs Indian separately), use each blade 5 times, and shave 360 days per year, a 100 blades of any one type will last over 8 years.

I have all but the Yellows in excess of a 100.

I think I really should stop at this point…

I just did some sanity check.

If I rotate the top six blades in my stash (counting Astra SP Russian vs Indian separately), use each blade 5 times, and shave 360 days per year, a 100 blades of any one type will last over 8 years.

I have all but the Yellows in excess of a 100.

I think I really should stop at this point…
8 years will be here before you know it.

A $100 of blades would give you another decade of shaving with your favorite blades. I hate change so I often buy a lifetime supply of my favorite items if I find a good deal or they are being discontinued.

I picked up another hundred Personna GEMs. The good ones.. PTFE coated, stainless.

I've 299 of them now. 😆 Three boxes of 100 of which I've opened one and only used one blade from it! I think 300 should likely last me a lifetime, because well, as much as I love GEM razors, I do tend to use regular DEs much more than GEMs and do I own far more DE razors than GEMs also.

I'd heard they've rebranded the Personnas to "Accutech" (or something).. apparently they're the exact same blades in different packaging but you know, I figure it's better to be certain.. especially as the GEM blade selection is so limited these days.

Plus the fact, even if they are the same as before, whenever they change the packaging you always have the question in the back of your mind "are these as good as they were?" 🤭 The psychological aspect.

Got a few Feather Artist Clubs also.. just the standard, regular Professionals.

I picked up another hundred Personna GEMs. The good ones.. PTFE coated, stainless.

I've 299 of them now. 😆 Three boxes of 100 of which I've opened one and only used one blade from it! I think 300 should likely last me a lifetime, because well, as much as I love GEM razors, I do tend to use regular DEs much more than GEMs and do I own far more DE razors than GEMs also.

I'd heard they've rebranded the Personnas to "Accutech" (or something).. apparently they're the exact same blades in different packaging but you know, I figure it's better to be certain.. especially as the GEM blade selection is so limited these days.

Plus the fact, even if they are the same as before, whenever they change the packaging you always have the question in the back of your mind "are these as good as they were?" 🤭 The psychological aspect.

Got a few Feather Artist Clubs also.. just the standard, regular Professionals.
They were bought by a private equity company and rebranded. Some believe they really only wanted the MedPrep line to charge higher rates to doctor’s offices for mole removal and surgical prep.

Top Bottom