What's new

What's your favorite Red wing boot?

I am breaking in my Frank's, and Jim Greens, meanwhile my job decided to start the red wing boot thing. We get $150 towards any boot, my old job was only safety toes boots. Plus 15 percent off. Iron ranger or moc toes are on the short list. What's you favorite?

Moc Toes are my choice. Iron rangers are nice I'm sure but they remind me too much of jump boots (from the Army days). They only feel right with camouflage to me.

Moc Toes are my choice. Iron rangers are nice I'm sure but they remind me too much of jump boots (from the Army days). They only feel right with camouflage to me.
Jump boots with a mirror polish are golden. I loved Matterhorns insulated as well. Actually to warm to walk in. But a good boot.

I have 5 pairs of Red Wings and my favorite pair is my 8138 Briar Oil-Slick Mocs. I have 3 pairs of moc toes (also 1907 and 8857) but the 8138s are the most comfortable and after 5 years they still look amazing.

I'm really partial to my 8111 Iron Rangers. I can't recall how many years ago I purchased them, and they're about to go back to Red Wing for new soles. The leather is quite a bit darker than the original amber harness leather from regular treatments with Red Wing boot oil or SnoSeal beeswax. The leather is buttery smooth and soft.

1608570325784.png

I’ve had a pair of Beckmans. The only Redwings I‘ve worn. Very tough, well built boot. The cigar color ages nicely. My only issue was the very long break in but once that’s done that are very comfortable. I did install speed hooks on the top two lace points as well - makes on/off a lot easier.

I’ve worn RedWings for most my career ( concrete formwork). I always get the black heeled sole because the cream colored flat sole wears out very quickly. Waterproofed is a plus and 8” gives good support. All that said, my favorite is the cheapest one with those requirement. My current pair is model 414 which I’ve had for about 3-4 years, I don’t think they make them any more.

Well , I planned on moc toes, turns out work required work rated boots. Meaning no heritage line stuff. Drove 45 minutes to find this out. Got a pair of black 607 leather boots. Out of pocket 60 bucks for them.

Nice choice. Looks like military Parade boots. I have a pair of 953 with the original Super Sole that the heel finally cracked thru after 19 years. Wonder what the durability of the Super Sole 2.0 is. Let us know how you like them.
Stay safe everyone
Johnny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I just put these boot lace keepers on my Red Wing 8111s. I thought it was a nice touch for these American-made boots. I also ordered another set with the flag of Great Britain for a pair of “Made in England” Dr. Martens.
FA778C0D-83A3-41F9-B748-45915E62C646.jpeg

C115C962-5080-4172-8954-135A948E830B.jpeg

A383D037-AFD3-4CB3-A434-4AA1D0217A3F.jpeg

6868012F-69FD-455F-9FAF-B143D7C3EE31.jpeg

Very nice! The owner of the machine shop that I use has something like that on his boots. I was thinking of getting a pair sometime.

I love my two pairs of Iron Rangers. I have a pair of Roughnecks that I'm breaking in that I really like the look of. They're going to be great for hiking.

I wore out several pairs of soft toe 11" pull ons back in the day. Once it was no longer possible to resole a pair, I would cut off the shaft and keep the high quality soft leather for repair/reinforcement work on packs and tool bags. I still have a little bit in my leatherwork box, a couple decades later.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Iron ranger for me too. I have a third pair of more of their dressier boot (the model escapes me now without looking it up) which I don’t like as much and they don’t fit that well. Hence I never wear them.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I do despise the wedge soul - for what it's worth...
I agree. Heels are super nice when climbing on ladders or other surfaces that aren't as wide as your boots. I have a pair of Red Wing Wellington style (what used to be Irish Setters before they sent that line to China). I'm going to see if I can get a sole with a heel.

Those Iron Rangers do look nice. If I buy a lace up variety, they are on the short list along.

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Very nice! The owner of the machine shop that I use has something like that on his boots. I was thinking of getting a pair sometime.

I was thinking of showing the side that says “Red Wing Shoe Co.” but didn’t like the thought of having the flag face down. But I think it’s a nice accessory accentuating the fact that it’s “Made in the USA”. 👍

Top Bottom