What's new

What's this Gillette Model?

I sell a lot of vintage razors (as well as new safety razors, brushes, creams and soaps etc) via my web site - I think it breaks B&B rules to advertise it though. Anyway, it looks like there are plenty of these around for a good price.

Incidentally, tried the Twist this morning with my usual blade type (which I use in a Fat Boy and Merkur 1904) and I had a really uncomfortable shave - much like shaving with a really dull blade, not sure what happened - I'll try another blade in case the first was faulty - or put the same blade in the Fat Boy and try.

Pay close attention to your shave angle. The Slim Twist surely requires a different angle. Try holding the head on your arm and adjusting the angle until you see the proper contact of blade with skin. Remember and use that same angle on the face.

Pay close attention to your shave angle. The Slim Twist surely requires a different angle. Try holding the head on your arm and adjusting the angle until you see the proper contact of blade with skin. Remember and use that same angle on the face.

Thanks for the information AsylumGuido - will give it another go, although I must admit that with the Fat Boy, Slim Adjustable, Merkur 1904, Super Speeds etc I just went with the razor and the angle must have been right from the first use as the shaves have always been great - other than when I used a pack of new blades I bought cheap on a market in Turkey - they were worse than 50 yeard old Gillette Blues and I'd bought 5 packs of 10 :blushing:

Thanks for the information AsylumGuido - will give it another go, although I must admit that with the Fat Boy, Slim Adjustable, Merkur 1904, Super Speeds etc I just went with the razor and the angle must have been right from the first use as the shaves have always been great - other than when I used a pack of new blades I bought cheap on a market in Turkey - they were worse than 50 yeard old Gillette Blues and I'd bought 5 packs of 10 :blushing:

This may not have been the issue, but it's worth a try. :smile:

I picked one up on ebay for $0.99 plus shipping. Total was $6. This is my first DE. First DE shave tonight. Definately gonna have to learn how its done. What blades do ya'll recommend? I just picked up some cheap Persona Blades at the big box.

Top Bottom