What's new

What's in these brushes?

Hello, newbie needs help.

Picked up a couple of Ever-Ready brushes off the "bay" for cheap. A boxed C40 and a 150. Both happen to be red base cream top. Does anyone know if they are badger or boar? I'm thinking these were lower end brushes. The boxed one has a price tag on it of $2.59 or so. Am I correct? When were they produced?

If these are too many questions, please point me in the right direction to rind the answers.

And lastly,would you re-knot them?

Thanks.

Mike

Hello, newbie needs help.

Picked up a couple of Ever-Ready brushes off the "bay" for cheap. A boxed C40 and a 150. Both happen to be red base cream top. Does anyone know if they are badger or boar? I'm thinking these were lower end brushes. The boxed one has a price tag on it of $2.59 or so. Am I correct? When were they produced?

If these are too many questions, please point me in the right direction to rind the answers.

And lastly,would you re-knot them?

Thanks.

Mike

Got any Photos?

Here are some photos of the two. The C40 is on the left and a lighter red than the 150 on the right:

proxy.php
[/IMG]

proxy.php
[/IMG]

What do you think?

Thanks

Mike

Boar.

The handles and knots are both in good condition. If you want to use them, use them. If not, they'd make fine handles for a reknot.

Boar.

The handles and knots are both in good condition. If you want to use them, use them. If not, they'd make fine handles for a reknot.

+1

Give them a good cleaning, and then a couple minutes' soak in some hot water. Lather, and see if you like how they feel on your face. And hey, they're already broken in.

Thanks guys, I'll give them a try. Re-knotting is an option and one of these would be my first. I understand the principal but my power tool arsenal is limited to a hand drills and common drill bits (will spade bits work as well as a fornster (sp) bit?) and no calipers.

Any suggestions?

Mike

Blood, sweat and tears....
Simple tools will do.

And then some epoxy and a knot from e.g. The Golden Nib and you'll have two great restored brushes!

Top Bottom