What's new

What's everyone's next pen going to be?

I don't know if it counts, but since I haven't received it yet...I just ordered a Schaeffer 330. I've always wanted to try one of their inlaid nibs, and if it doesn't work out, it's inexpensive enough that it will make a great gift for my sister. :biggrin1: In that case, I'm already eyeing a Schaeffer Imperial Touchdown. Wow, this rabbit hole is fascinating on the way down...

Well, since I was lucky enough to win the gold contributor drawing, I got two new pens without any additional cash outlay (thanks Dave and Turtle) so my two newest pens are a Pilot Metropolitan and an Edison Hudson. That Hudson is like a baseball bat, man it is big. After carrying a Pelikan M200 for so long, that thing might become a desk pen and get used all day at work. Hopefully I will have time this weekend to take pictures of my complete haul, so I guess I will start a thread in the Nib for the pens and one in general shaving for the shaving items.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I want a 1930's black Pelikan 100

Or the new tortoise 101N

proxy.php

Or a Goldfink piston filler, they're all on my radar.

Doug, why do you do that to me. Those Pelikans are gorgeous. Of those two, it is hard to pick which is prettier.

I keep seeing pens that I've never heard of, yet when I see them...I WANT them. What does it take to get banned from this site, LMAO? I'm thinking that will be the only cure for all my AD's :scared:

I'm putting myself on pen sabbatical for a while after just having picked up my first Pelikan. But the next one on my list (which I didn't even know about til my last letter with Andy, that man is the definition of "enabler"!) is a Franklin-Christoph Model 65 Desk Pen.

www.franklin-christoph.com/model-65-66-stabilis.html

I had no idea you liked that one so much! I've seen a prominent FPN member favorably compare her Model 65 to her many Nakayas, for what it's worth. I'm still definitely considering a Model 65 with a Medium or Broad Stub nib. I'm not sure if it'll be my next pen, though.

After today, I am most definitely picking up a FC 1901.

After Jim wants his back...

I really like my Model 02.

In a Flea market Saturday, I ran across an old waterman pen. It was very slender, hard rubber, black with kind of red marbling. The pen was SOOOOO flexy, just pressing it with my finger. the cap was busted up pretty bad. The seller was asking $5 for it. I didn't have $5 on me. It was tucked away in a mug with a bunch of ballpoints. Gonna go back this weekend. Even with the broken cap, it may still be fun to try a waterman at such a cheap price.

Good luck. I hope that pen is still there! You can always pop the nib and feed into another pen.

-Andy

So I'm thinking F-C Model 65, Lamy 2000, or Kaweco Dia2. They're all on my want list. Alternatively, I may just save up for the B&B 2013 LE and hope I like it. I'm also sort of on the hunt for vintage flex.

-Andy

I have an Ahab demonstrator on the way that I got on clearance, and a 1.1 calligraphy nib waiting to install in it. I'm on a pen sabbatical for a while. I have more than enough now.

For me I'm looking at either a Pilot VP (just interested in them, not really a "need" for one yet. :) ) or a Visconti Homo Sapiens. With both the Van Gogh and Rembrandt I've been very impressed by the Visconti nibs and would like to get my hands on the pen that I've wanted since I first heard about it. Other than that, I wouldn't mind a snorkel or touchdown Sheaffer but those are lower on my list.

Cheers,

M.

Either a Pilot VP or a Lamy 2000. With the way I hold a pen, I don't think a VP will work (I rest the pen between my middle finger and ring finger rather than the index finger/middle finger) but want to try because the convenience seems such a plus. Looking for a pen that isn't flashy that I can use all day at work and doesn't draw a lot of attention to it. Leaning to the VP or Lamy (snap off cap) for convenience rather than the screw cap. But the TWSBI 580 looks neat and is more affordable......!

I'm happy with my collection now. Next is a Lamy Safari for my daughter's boyfriend. It is time to get his FPAD moving.

Top Bottom