What's new

What time is it? Time for a Father's Day PIF

A little over a year ago my family decided to move from California to Indiana. I drove the Uhaul. I was able to get the assistance of my step dad and my dad for the drive. My step dad started out from Las Vegas to Denver where we drove through a snow storm in late November. He took over as he had more experience in the heavy storm. It was so bad that my dad got stuck and Denver airport, so we had to meet him at a hotel rather that his home. Once in Denver the drive started with my dad and we spent the next day talking. He regaled me with stories of his parents and how they got married. These two are great fathers who are always there for me and my family. I appreciate both of them a lot. They are now both a days drive away from me, which is nice if were to ever get time off work. I look forward to seeing them both again in a month to celebrate the birth of my third child and only son, the first in my family to carry the family name forward.

I am in, thank you for the PIF and allowing me to share how great my father and step-dad are.

I can't believe this. You guys are incredible. Thank you so much. Owen, WarrenB, et al you truly epitomize what the B&B is all about. I will wear it with pride. So many great stories about experiences with their fathers or father figures. Some awesome memories that will live on forever.

Thanks again to all.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I can't believe this. You guys are incredible. Thank you so much. Owen, WarrenB, et al you truly epitomize what the B&B is all about. I will wear it with pride. So many great stories about experiences with their fathers or father figures. Some awesome memories that will live on forever.

Thanks again to all.
Lots of good stories, for sure. Enjoy the watch.

Too late for the PIF, but I'll share about my dad, anyway.

While growing up I was something of an athlete. Played all the sports. My father, was not at all athletically inclined, and never really taught me anything about how to play the games. I also loved to fish and hunt, but my father was not any kind of outdoorsman. So, many of the things that I loved, my father could not relate to. The biggest thing that we sort of shared was our mutual military service. However, what my father did for me was to provide a wonderful example of how to work hard, and how to love and provide for your family.

At at four inches shorter and fifty pounds lighter, he's a bigger man than I'll ever be.

Too late for the PIF, but I'll share about my dad, anyway.

While growing up I was something of an athlete. Played all the sports. My father, was not at all athletically inclined, and never really taught me anything about how to play the games. I also loved to fish and hunt, but my father was not any kind of outdoorsman. So, many of the things that I loved, my father could not relate to. The biggest thing that we sort of shared was our mutual military service. However, what my father did for me was to provide a wonderful example of how to work hard, and how to love and provide for your family.

At at four inches shorter and fifty pounds lighter, he's a bigger man than I'll ever be.

Outstanding story. It just goes to show you that it doesn't take much to make a meaningful impression!

Here she is sports fans. And she is a beaut!
$100_3491.jpg

Thanks again Warren. I love it. And thanks to Owen for being the bookkeeper! :)

Top Bottom