What's new

what supplements & vitamins do you take?

My diet is fairly well rounded with healthy choices. But just in case, I take a multivitamin for men over 50 and vitamin C. Occasionally Vitamin D3.

Tremors and twitches show up once in a while, few times a year. Magnesium and potassium for a few days seems to make things better.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Gotta keep the immune system strong. I threw the Claymore Evolution in just for the heck of it. :001_smile
IMG_20221018_080902135.jpg

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I take one Centrum multivitamin for men over 50 and one Seven Seas cod liver oil tablet per day. I am not convinced of the benefits but the wife tells me to take them. At least she tells me they are multivitamins and cod liver oil, they could be anything...... 😁
When I was a lad my father made me take cod liver oil each morning via a tablespoon. I hated it. I suspect his dosage was too high, as one day at age 15 I had a pair of massive pimples on my shoulders. When they were popped and squeezed the whole world smelled like rotting fish. Haven't had cod liver oil since that day.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
A daily multivitamin. Has anyone had any experience with glucosamine/chondroiton? Does it really improve joint health? My understanding is that once cartilage is gone it's gone. Ain't growin' back.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
A daily multivitamin. Has anyone had any experience with glucosamine/chondroiton? Does it really improve joint health? My understanding is that once cartilage is gone it's gone. Ain't growin' back.

My wife ran a health & wellness store for many years. MSM is the short term for glucosamine chondroitin. It does help your body to produce and maintain ligament health by drawing water from the crest of your body to you joints.

While it can help with joint mobility and tissue damage, it won’t repair a major injury like a torn meniscus or ACL.

Besides dairy (bio for ethical animal welfare) I’m almost vegetarian. Fruits vegetables lentils nuts and lots of dark chocolate for iron.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
My diet is fairly well rounded with healthy choices. But just in case, I take a multivitamin for men over 50 and vitamin C. Occasionally Vitamin D3.

Tremors and twitches show up once in a while, few times a year. Magnesium and potassium for a few days seems to make things better.
I take vitamins C and D3.

Reactions: ctr
Rainbow Light men's one multivitamin (one a day) and Carlson fish oil (also once a day).
That's all!

Have you been hearing the recent news about all the lead and cadium they are finding specifically in dark chocolates?
Yes, well there’s something wrong with everything, including the air we breathe. Meat might be worse. Later they’ll find cadmium is beneficial for such and such.

Meat makes sense for hunter gatherer cavemen chasing some wild animals, but industrial animal maintenance is wrong in every way.

As for chocolate, I’m hoping for the best, I’ll be dead soon anyway.

Yes, well there’s something wrong with everything, including the air we breathe. Meat might be worse. Later they’ll find cadmium is beneficial for such and such.

Meat makes sense for hunter gatherer cavemen chasing some wild animals, but industrial animal maintenance is wrong in every way.

As for chocolate, I’m hoping for the best, I’ll be dead soon anyway.

Merry Christmas or as we would say Mele Kalikimaka :)

and so is mono cropping for food production

bee destruction and problems with almond pollination as example insane same with avocados

so trillions of sentient beings to raise crops are killed but because folks decide what animals count like mice don't count or rabbits don't count insects don't count ? things like rodenticides that poison them so they die a horrid death over days is not cool either and then that rabbit meat as example of one that is targeted does not even get used its just wasted !
same with larger animals also deer etc.. protection of larger crops like apples etc..

as you said something wrong with everything !

agree makes sense and best practice to be a hunter gatherer !
I did that a huge chunk of my life
hunting is tough in some spots have to go to store ! not every place makes hunting easy

growing all our own food again tough have to go to store ! your own garden is best source not everyone has the time and space to grow their own veggies fruits ! gathering them naturally also hard as the land resources etc

in the islands when we were hunting we would eat wild strawberry guava for quick energy and you can get wild papaya and mangos etc.. of course some things like taro is farmed along with others ! but most everything was natural if you chose that lifestyle !
or you go to stores where everything is available and has some downside to that upside of convenience :)

Last edited:
Merry Christmas again or as we would say Mele Kalikimaka :)

don't take anything regularly these days
also in super insane shape and the labs agree :)
I did take some at various points but not needed anymore

learn about oxalates :) especially if joint pains headaches etc..

do I really need them ?
IMHO sups not needed by most unless you know you are low

how do you know ?
get a blood panel done find out if you are low in something and then get it naturally if you can or quality sups to bring you back up

then why were you low ?
the source or how you were preparing it or truly have a medical condition

if you just want to take some which is fine :)
ask which ones really work and the source of them ?
the problem with sups is bioavailability and just solubility in the body is lacking in most of them but not all but even the best are lower
ask nurses about cleaning out bed pans or the guys that pump porta potties !

ask is this the best natural source ?
study things like chocolate and the bioavailability of say that iron (about %1-%10) and the fact it has polyphenols that then hinder the absorption of iron ?

am I consuming/preparing it the best way ?
like bioavailability of Vit A (carotenoids) as example in carrots raw is around %10 only but cooked in other ways goes up because they need fat to be absorbed so carrots with fat are like 6x better for you if you want to get more from them !

so IMHO our best solution :)
eat single ingredient foods meaning whole foods :) so having a bunch of fruit spread is not the same as some fruit :) hahahaha
Veggies again whole and how you cook them
meat meaning whole cuts not some sugar laden beef jerky or McDonalds burger garbage but whole cuts

what to avoid ?
the sugars and process foods industrialized seed oils or fortified foods basically anything in a package :) the old shop the outside of the store and learn the best cooking methods to get the most out of those things you love

Last edited:
Merry Christmas again or as we would say Mele Kalikimaka :)

don't take anything regularly these days
also in super insane shape and the labs agree :)
I did take some at various points but not needed anymore

learn about oxalates :) especially if joint pains headaches etc..

do I really need them ?
IMHO sups not needed by most unless you know you are low

how do you know ?
get a blood panel done find out if you are low in something and then get it naturally if you can or quality sups to bring you back up

then why were you low ?
the source or how you were preparing it or truly have a medical condition

if you just want to take some which is fine :)
ask which ones really work and the source of them ?
the problem with sups is bioavailability and just solubility in the body is lacking in most of them but not all but even the best are lower
ask nurses about cleaning out bed pans or the guys that pump porta potties !

ask is this the best natural source ?
study things like chocolate and the bioavailability of say that iron (about %1-%10) and the fact it has polyphenols that then hinder the absorption of iron ?

am I consuming/preparing it the best way ?
like bioavailability of Vit A (carotenoids) as example in carrots raw is around %10 only but cooked in other ways goes up because they need fat to be absorbed so carrots with fat are like 6x better for you if you want to get more from them !

so IMHO our best solution :)
eat single ingredient foods meaning whole foods :) so having a bunch of fruit spread is not the same as some fruit :) hahahaha
Veggies again whole and how you cook them
meat meaning whole cuts not some sugar laden beef jerky or McDonalds burger garbage but whole cuts

what to avoid ?
the sugars and process foods industrialized seed oils or fortified foods basically anything in a package :) the old shop the outside of the store and learn the best cooking methods to get the most out of those things you love

Good advice on the blood panel. Found out I was low sodium because not many processed foods and no soda in my diet. Now add salt to food and have a normal sodium level.

I take Vitamin N, about 20 times per day.
I walked away from a insane business I had to just go teach scuba which ended up being 15yrs of doing so
cant agree more about the N and just being immersed into it
so you could say I got to the depths of it :) ahhahahaha

went camping one time and ended up being a 6 month stay :) hahahahaha 2 man tent lived off the land insane experience I will never forget and truly shaped me in many ways with what matters in life
by the time I was in my 30s over 3 yrs of my life was out of a tent/hammock

this assumes the Nature thing of course :) hahahaha if not UHHH not sure then !

I walked away from a insane business I had to just go teach scuba which ended up being 15yrs of doing so
cant agree more about the N and just being immersed into it
so you could say I got to the depths of it :) ahhahahaha

went camping one time and ended up being a 6 month stay :) hahahahaha 2 man tent lived off the land insane experience I will never forget and truly shaped me in many ways with what matters in life
by the time I was in my 30s over 3 yrs of my life was out of a tent/hammock

this assumes the Nature thing of course :) hahahaha if not UHHH not sure then !
Ah, no, I meant Nicotine. Smokers call it Vitamin N. Nature sounds nice too, but too much fresh air in my lungs makes me cough.

Good advice on the blood panel. Found out I was low sodium because not many processed foods and no soda in my diet. Now add salt to food and have a normal sodium level.
salt got a bad rap for a while :)
sadly it does seem so many things are messed up and folks are learning more and turning things around considering doctors used to prescribe smoking for lung issues :yikes:

I use mined salt like Himalayan and for sea salt I love Moldon for finish salt so so good huge flaky crunchy yum

downside these days with some salt I do get concerned about microplastics :(

Ah, no, I meant Nicotine. Smokers call it Vitamin N. Nature sounds nice too, but too much fresh air in my lungs makes me cough.
hahahahahah OK then never done that :)
there was this Vit N about nature for a while
the fresh air cough :) hmmmmmmmmm

reckon if ya go outside to smoke unless its chew but if you are outside you are doing both N then :)

Vitamin D. Seems to be an association with higher vitamin D blood levels and better health, but I have to wonder what's cause and what's effect. (Healthy outdoor living resulting in higher vitamin D blood levels, or a more efficient digestive tract.) However it's not very expensive, I try to follow dermatologist's recommendations on sun exposure, and I don't know of any downsides with moderate intake.

Top Bottom