What's new

What style Mustache and Beard is this

I was wondering what style mustache & beard or variation genghis khan has based on the pictures as i plan on growing the same style myself
(Another forum said an imperial mustache and van dyke beard but i was unable to match any variations so i was hoping someone here would know of either a style or variation thats an exact match

Attachments

• 3D68CBC0-3AB3-40AE-84C1-314F95E14874.jpeg
    3D68CBC0-3AB3-40AE-84C1-314F95E14874.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 11
  • A76199C5-E4E4-4F42-A6C4-910B80D1271A.jpeg
    A76199C5-E4E4-4F42-A6C4-910B80D1271A.jpeg
    19.6 KB · Views: 11
I was wondering what style mustache & beard or variation genghis khan has based on the pictures as i plan on growing the same style myself
(Another forum said an imperial mustache and van dyke beard but i was unable to match any variations so i was hoping someone here would know of either a style or variation thats an exact match
Welcome to B and B, maybe he started that look

Welcome to B and B, maybe he started that look
Thank you for welcoming me. I was hoping for a specific style so i would know what to do to style it like that though while he started it all i have found from searching were a few sources saying he had a Fu Manchu which is fake news

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Look up a Balbo beard. It looks like a jawline beard with a "floating" mustache. Just let them both grow out.

Many beard styles and names overlap. If you wat to have a barber trim it that way for you bring a picture with you. Styles came about because of different growth patterns and textures and people going with the strengths and trimming away the weaknesses. He had very straight beard hair, which isn't that common, if yours isn't straight it may be a hard style for you to make work without the use of straightening products and or or heat from a hair straightener (flat iron) or a blow dryer.

Look up a Balbo beard. It looks like a jawline beard with a "floating" mustache. Just let them both grow out.
Holy ******* **** 3 weeks searching and this is the first I gave come across that style
Many beard styles and names overlap. If you want to have a barber trim it that way for you bring a picture with you. Styles came about because of different growth patterns and textures and people going with the strengths and trimming away the weaknesses. He had very straight beard hair, which isn't that common, if yours isn't straight it may be a hard style for you to make work without the use of straightening products and or or heat from a hair straightener (flat iron) or a blow dryer.
i already know im going to need to straighten it as i have long black curly hair. Thank you for the advice on straightening it

Any style for the mustache or variations of the imperial that match or will i have to free style

I'm slightly confused. Why do you need the name to style it? Just let the hair grow, shave down to the jawline, and gradually taper the hair from the chin area back to the ears? Then grow and style a handlebar stache.

I'd assume Genghis Khan's beard naturally grew like that, i.e. that he didn't shave off the cheeks as a matter of style.

I'm slightly confused. Why do you need the name to style it? Just let the hair grow, shave down to the jawline, and gradually taper the hair from the chin area back to the ears? Then grow and style a handlebar stache.

I'd assume Genghis Khan's beard naturally grew like that, i.e. that he didn't shave off the cheeks as a matter of style.
I thought it would be more helpful to have a visual
I also am a person that needs to have an answer for everything

I recall it being called a "Manchu" style. Short for Manchurian (the last royals to rule China). But that might be archaic

Top Bottom