What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

💈
SOTD
💈

Joseph Turner was born in Sheffield in 1838, his father died when Joseph was a mere teenager,
so he had to go to work and found a job in the factory of Wade & Butcher.
He quickly learned the trade and worked for various cutlery company in Sheffield for 25 years.
J.R. Torrey Razor Co. (1880) President Joseph Turner(Master grinder in Sheffield)1872 founded the Turner & Cowlishaw Co. U.S.A. in its early days to produce premium razors.
Shave smooth and comfortable today.
Turner & Cowlishaw Razor 6/8"
WEST Meriden Conn.(About 1872~1876),Wedge,
Oumo 25mm Badger Knot.
Horween Shell Cordovan Strops.
This time honing uses Taiwan Stone+Mejiro Nagura .
View attachment 1842966
View attachment 1842967
Thanks for the historical information on Joseph Turner, it’s really interesting.
Great picture. Enjoy your great razor.

5/8 Friedrich Baurmann & Sohne "Comfort 40" / Arko stick w/Simpson T3 Synthetic / Skin Bracer -- with DE/SE shaves, my XTG pass is "down and forward" under my chin on each side, but my SR shaves were just bottom up, with a "down and forward" pass with a SE/DE and witchhazel. I accepted the SE/DE bailout as I wasn't comfortable/skilled enough to do a "down and forward" motion with a SR until this morning when I added a "down and forward" to my XTG pass; leaving the Gillette Slim dry and unused on the shelf.
SB Comfort 40.jpg

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I.Z.S. (Shigefusa), the only example that I’ve seen, and stamped Iilzuka Co on the obverse tang. He was of course, in business with Tanifuji and Iwasaki in the 60s, but there’s little to be found about what role he played in the partnership. And of course knife nerds know that he went on to found Shigefusa hamono and make the famous kitchen knives.

The brush is a classic Omega 49, the soap ABC red sandalwood, and the AS D.R. Harris sandalwood.

IMG_0667.jpeg

Top Bottom