What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

LeGrelot 361. The only one I have in original wood scales
View attachment 498122

Hey I have one with very very similar scales, also a razor I got from France:
$IMG_20140921_154216435.jpg

Sadly the razor is ruined, someone heated the edge for some reason and it won't hone.

Hey I have one with very very similar scales, also a razor I got from France:
View attachment 498469

Sadly the razor is ruined, someone heated the edge for some reason and it won't hone.
what is the brand on that one? I've had many rebranded LeGrelot come through my hands over the years.
i have read that thiers issard had over 9000 brands many of them white label for others and it seems LeGrelot was in the same boat.
i have also seen a nohalat with identical wood scales and I think it was a real brand, not a resold brand.

Maybe it is like the one with the crane on it that you find used by all the thiers makers.

Mine is fairly recent I would say. Says "Warranted Sheffield" on the tang but the shape of the razor reminds me more of German blades.

$DSCF9945.jpg$DSCF9946.jpg$DSCF9955.jpg

The face of the blade says "Diamant Stahl".

I'm still frustrated that someone ruined it with a lighter or something...

USA Made: UNO: Brandoniso & Bro: 7/8 One Half Hollow Barber's Notch S.R.: Orchid Isle 28mm S.T. Amboyna Burl Brush: Razorock Bay Rum Soap: Canoe A.S.

$p534186764-6.jpg

17/16 Manhattan Co. Sheffield "The Celebrated Razor" with Barberrycoast Ascent soap. Great shave!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 131
7/8's UNO S.R.: Captains Choice Lime A.S.: Orchid Isle 28mm Silver Tip Badger:Truefitt & Hill 1805 Shaving Cream
$p1055612405-6.jpg

Last edited:
The scales on this are FANTASTIC, thanks for sharing.

The scales were a nice surprise when it got here. In the pictures on eBay, they didn't look too good.

It's a shame that the gold is almost entirely gone from the spine work. I bet it was quite the looker when it was originally sold.

Top Bottom