What's new

What straight did you use today? Now with PICTURES

Dovo

Attachments

• $IMG_1567.jpg
    $IMG_1567.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 120
7/8 Hart with Rosewood handle. It came in the post just in time for me to try it. It was sharp enough to shave with but not as sharp as I like them... too much tugging on my lips and chin. I'm almost thinking manufacturers do that so new users won't whack themselves too badly. The Hart was the closest to a new shave ready razor that I've purchased, though. Anyway, I tuned it up with pasted strops and got it where I like it. Nice shave.

Forgot photo...

$hartrazor1640.jpg

Last edited:
Took a break from the GD rotation as I couldn't resist the Siren song of this piece since I picked it up. Glad I didn't wait.
9/8 W&B, my brush, and Parisian Oakmoss after AOS Sandalwood.

Attachments

• $IMG_1325-001.JPG
    $IMG_1325-001.JPG
    82.7 KB · Views: 270
Tonight was the maiden voyage of my recently acquired Hillbilly custom wedge, the Sofa King No.1. Best shave I have ever had from a wedge. Gonna need a new set of scales though, unfortunately.

Soap: MWF

Brush: a NOS, not broken in yet Victoria boar

proxy.php

Imperial straight, VDH boar brush, Bigelow cream added to Tabac milled sample, Williams pewter mug. Iphone pic....sorry

proxy.php

proxy.php

I will keep that in mind !

"From hell's heart I stab at thee; for hate's sake I spit my last breath at thee." Argh!!

OK that was over the top, but I really am green with envy for those wood-scaled Le Grelots. I have a couple in celluloid scales but wished I had gotten one of those. At least someone from B&B got them so I can admire from afar. Congrats on your acquisitions Cliff!

My shave tonight was with a vintage Boker Edelweiss 6/8 :thumbup1:

This morning was the maiden voyage of recently rescaled A. Halverson in Kingwood, big 30mm black badger, tabac soap, finished with witch hazel and Master Bay Rum. Honed last night on Slate --> Washita --> dilucot on yellow coti --> hard felt --> latigo. Nice shave.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Haven't been able to shave for over a week now...

So this morning, I took out my trusty 5/8 Boker King Cutter (New Production).

Amazing shave. Its funny how much I use and love this razor even though I have others that are considered "better".

Top Bottom