...this is what it looked like new last summer
proxy.php

and why you don't use Maas polish on gold wash:a6:
proxy.php

Still shaves just fine:a14::yesnod:

Best,

Jake
Reddick Fla.

Isn't the SS quite something Rick? :smile: I find it both ridiculously sharp and smooth at the same time.

Flaschner 7/8 for me this morning.

Last edited:
It sure is. It's kind of scary thinking that I like to use it so much.

To be honest, if I ever get tired of messing around with all these straights, the Feather will stay.
But I enjoy chasing an edge like a Feather, so I doubt that will happen soon haha.
But for me, it seems that super sharp=super smooth, as long as your technique is good.
I don't find the Feathers (or Kai blades) even remotely unforgiving in the SS.
Maybe the DX and RG are different, but I haven't tried them.

I'll have to agree. If I had found one of these first I doubt I would have ever went through so many regular straight razors. One positive thing; it gave me a lot of honing practice :001_smile

My third shave on the Phoenix without a stropping. Just a trial by fire to see how the edge holds. I want to see when it fails. Speick ( should have been Tabac) , Alt Innsbruck, and my favorite fan in an Alabaster bowl. UMMMMM!
Too many others coming in at this time to get this much mileage on them. But this one's doing fine. Maybe time for a bit of stropping,, but it's still a 2 pass shave for BBS on a two day growth. Yeah I know, Sigh,, but I've been crazy busy lately.

Attachments

• $IMG_1239.jpg
    $IMG_1239.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 209
Last edited:
Preppin for a night out with my best girl felt like a scene straight out of Happy Days. Should have taken her to a drive in with burgers and fries! For a Sat. night Cruise night I decided to take the '57 , some Cella ( Williams would have been more nostalgic) , TOBS Luxury ( it's blue, I like themes), and the 4 speed brush.
Felt like a blast from the past!

Attachments

• $IMG_1243.JPG
    $IMG_1243.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 156
Klas Tornblom, with QCS Vetiver and a SOC boar brush.

Attachments

• $Klas #2.jpg
    $Klas #2.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Sunday night. Ebony on Ivory, Arlington, Azzaro and a custom brush. Just finished up and it's sweet.

Attachments

• $IMG_1306.jpg
    $IMG_1306.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 123
Top Bottom