What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

I decided to experiment a bit and started the shave with a nasty plastic disposable ... yeck ... moved on the the Gillette New and Astra blade, very nice indeed ... then a quick try of the Gillette Tech also with an Astra also good and very mild. Finally went back to the GEM SE I have been using for the whole month and oh my what a lovely razor ... blades from our bulk buy here at B&B.
I think I could use the GEM as my only razor !

Took my Fat Boy to 4 with a Gillette Blue Super thin. Mike's Natural provided the required protection after lathering up on a horsehair brush in the warm comforts of my cobalt-purple G5 scuttle. A little Pinaud Lime Sec after alum/witchhazel. Slowly making progress on my shaves every day...

1949 Gillette Super Speed (40's style) with Feather (6). Sixth shave on the Feather was a bit of a challenge. The blade has lost a lot of its sharpness and felt as if it was not working well. However, after 4 passes (2 WTG) and some touch-up I still got my usual excellent result: BBS on face, DFS on neck. I tossed the blade after this shave, but got an idea of seeing how many decent shaves I can get out of a Feather. Most people say Feather is no good after 3 shaves. Well, I disagree. First 5 shaves for me were easy and comfy. The 6th was a bit slow, but the result was still excellent. No blood, little to no irritation.

proxy.php

Razor: Gillette Red Tip SS
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome
Soap: Honeybee's Ye Olde Barber Shop
AS: (gonna be) Clubman

P. S. I did get around to splashing the Clubman on, maybe a half hour later. It's now another couple of hours after that; I still smell just great.

Last edited:
Top Bottom