What's new

What razor/blade did you use today

Razor: Feather AS-D1
Blade: Feather (11)
Prep: TOBS Pre Shv Oil (heated), Cyril R Salter Sublime Lime cream
Finish: CF Lime Essential Balm
Result: DFS -... time to change the blade...

Razor: EJ DE89 Barley
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock green
Croap: RR XXX
ASB: Thayer's Witch Hazel followed by GFT Limes Skin Food
Result: First use on the blade...BBS. The 7 Greens may just be my new go-to in the EJ89

Royal Crown DE + NOS Wilkinson Sword (2)

Proving tonight that yesterday's virtuoso performance was no fluke, I now declare this Royal Crown to be my Surprise Razor of the Year. This little ridge-guard tool is everything the Tech should have been: accommodating, agile, and above all, effective. If you spot one priced affordably, I recommend you don't pass it by (see picture in my previous post and note well)!!

My '64 Gillette Slim Adjustable arrived yesterday, so I was very much looking forward to this morning - put in a Derby Extra (I prefer them over the Feathers I recently ordered) and away I went. Tried setting three for the first few strokes, wasn't happy with that and found a very sweet spot at five, I gather I prefer an aggressive shave. As a point of interest I nearly always experience discomfort shaving ATG on my neck, and this was completely gone with the Slim.. over all I am very, very happy and have a new go to razor - not bad given I thought there might have been a lot of hype around them!

Top Bottom